1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Load paper. HP recommends ColorLock papers for best printing results

ColorLaser Jet MFP M278-M281
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

How do i get rid of the "Load paper. HP recommends ColorLock papers for best printing results " notification? 

Every time  I open and close tray 2 this notification appears and refuses to print until I switch the printer off at the plug. I have tried the 'device settings' > 'Printer Status Notifications' however my computer does not have that option. I have also tried cleaning the paper rollers and reset. The printer is only 2 months old- help? 

1 REPLY 1
Level 11
Level 11
3,503 3,489 345 730
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Load paper. HP recommends ColorLock papers for best printing results

Might be a paper size issue, though usually it will  prompt for required size. Make sure the tray settings on the printer itself match what you have loaded for example if you have plain letter paper in tray 2, make sure that you set the media size and type for tray 2 on the control panel of the printer to letter plain. Also make sure that your driver is not set for an odd size or paper type. I have often seen the paper type settings default on the driver as HP Ecoprint paper or some other paper type than plain paper.

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation