Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
LaserJet Pro 200 M276nw
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Several others have had the same problem with getting into their printer's menu but have lost the password. Will someone please help this person (me) get pass stupidville and reset or whatever I must do to get my printer going?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello, and welcome to the HP Community @MsBz,

I understand you have forgotten the administrative password for your HP LaserJet Pro 200 color MFP M276nw. I will he happy to help.

To remove the password, you will need to a perform a special reset. I'll private message you the instructions you need to do so. Note that the reset will erase your wireless settings so you'll likely have to reconnect to your network when the reset's finished. (It's just like setting up the printer out of box at that point).   

Let me know if this helps. If this helps, show appreciation for my reply by hitting the “thumbs up” below, or click the "Accept as Solution" button if I have helped you reach a solution.

I hope this helps, and have a great day.

MarcelusWallace

I work on behalf of HP

★Please click "Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
★Click the "Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the right to say "Thanks" for helping!

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16
HP Recommended

Hello, and welcome to the HP Community @MsBz,

I understand you have forgotten the administrative password for your HP LaserJet Pro 200 color MFP M276nw. I will he happy to help.

To remove the password, you will need to a perform a special reset. I'll private message you the instructions you need to do so. Note that the reset will erase your wireless settings so you'll likely have to reconnect to your network when the reset's finished. (It's just like setting up the printer out of box at that point).   

Let me know if this helps. If this helps, show appreciation for my reply by hitting the “thumbs up” below, or click the "Accept as Solution" button if I have helped you reach a solution.

MarcelusWallace

I work on behalf of HP

★Please click "Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

HP Recommended
Mr. Marcelus Wallace, please forgive me. Somehow I have deleted the email you sent with the reset instructions. Would you please resend that email I would appreciate it greatly. Thank you so much for your response.
HP Recommended

I am trying to set up a new wireless router and I cannot find/do not know my admin password. I set up my printer two years ago and can barely remember what I had for dinner last night so have no idea. Can you please help me? I need it for my my home office ASAP. Thanks so much!

HP Recommended

I am trying to set up a new wireless router and I cannot find/do not know my admin password. I set up my printer two years ago and can barely remember what I had for dinner last night so have no idea. Can you please help me? I need it for my my home office ASAP. Thanks so much!

HP Recommended

Hello, and welcome to the HP Community @MerryMoose,

I understand you have forgotten the administrative password for your HP LaserJet Pro 200 color MFP M276nw. I will he happy to help.

Let me know if this helps. If this helps, show appreciation for my reply by hitting the “thumbs up” below, or click the "Accept as Solution" button if I have helped you reach a solution.

MarcelusWallace

I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

I have a HP LaserJet 1102w and I don't remember the password. Please send me an email with the instructions. Personally, I don't understand why it's a huge secret and it can't simply be posted versus waiting for an email...

HP Recommended

Hello, and welcome to the HP Community @RadioManCBS,

I understand you have forgotten the administrative password for your HP LaserJet Pro P1102w. I will he happy to help.

To remove the password, you will need to restore the defaults.

Restore Defaults (P1102w model)

NOTE: This procedure does not reset page counts, service IDs, or other static product values.
Turn the product off.
Turn the product on, and while it is initializing press and hold the cancel button and wireless button at the same time

Let me know if this helps. If this helps, show appreciation for my reply by hitting the “thumbs up” below, or click the "Accept as Solution" button if I have helped you reach a solution.

MarcelusWallace

I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

I think it worked too well!! LOL..... fter doing this, it said that it needed to restart my laptop, so I did. I noticed that when I try plugging it in to my laptop, the install opion appears (as CD Device) only for a second, then dissapears; my WiFi button on my printer no longer works when I press it. In regards to wanting the install menu again is because I want to install the printer on my laptop with the optiuon to print my documents wirelessly..... Thanks for your help!!

HP Recommended
I am so sorry it took me so long to reply and thank you for your assistance, it has been many obstacles to this reply; which had nothing to do with the printer or software. However that said let me proceed with the thanks. You directions were most helpful and easy to follow, even to the reminder to reset the internet connection. Thank you so much for helping novice as myself and making it look as if I am a great troubleshooter.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.