Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My M1217nfw MFP printer which I re-installed about a year ago is working fine networked to another Win 10 PC .  I have a new Win 10 PRO  PC and the installation process concludes with a "driver is not available" message.   The HP driver website confirms  that print drivers are not available.  I have tried everything I can think of on the official HP printer driver websites to no avail.

I would appreciate any advice on how to get my M1217nfw MFP installed on my new Win 10 Pro PC.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

You are welcome @RN8.

HP Officejet Pro M12 is another series, your printer is part of the M1210 Series indeed and the HpSetup.exe file need to be withing the 7z folder as described indeed.

Please access the %temp% folder again, then select all using CTRL+A and delete any content within that folder (no worries, these are all temporary files, if any file fails to delete skip it.

Next launch LJM1130 M1210 MFP Full Solution.exe again and you will see a single 7z folder within the temp folder, that ensures you are looking at the correct folder indeed.

Double-click HpSetup.exe within the newly created folder and follow the install wizard.

Please let me know if you were now able to locate the file.

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi,

Please follow below steps to install and use the printer on a Widnows 10 PC:

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Printers-Knowledge-Base/HP-Laserjet-installation-won-t-start-on-Window...

Cheers,

Shlomi

HP Recommended

Shlomil  -thank you so much for your quick response.  

I read the won't start on window 10 knowledge base article and noted that the article has strike through  lines for the M1212 with a line below indicating that a driver is available at hp.com (see below but NOTE - I could not find any)

HP LaserJet Pro M12 Printer series:

New drivers are available at hp.com.  

So,  I downloaded the file listed under  HP LaserJet Pro M1130 \ M1210 Multifunction Printer since there was a M1210 (close to a M1217) in the title.  This downloaded file LJM1130 M1210 MFP Full Solution.exe file.  Following your suggestions I opened the first 7z____ folder, but could not find an executable file with an HPSetup.exe file.

Sorry to bother you again, but I could sure use more help.  There must be a way to do this since two of my other Win 10 PCs succesfully connect to the printer via the network

Thanks

RN8

HP Recommended

You are welcome @RN8.

HP Officejet Pro M12 is another series, your printer is part of the M1210 Series indeed and the HpSetup.exe file need to be withing the 7z folder as described indeed.

Please access the %temp% folder again, then select all using CTRL+A and delete any content within that folder (no worries, these are all temporary files, if any file fails to delete skip it.

Next launch LJM1130 M1210 MFP Full Solution.exe again and you will see a single 7z folder within the temp folder, that ensures you are looking at the correct folder indeed.

Double-click HpSetup.exe within the newly created folder and follow the install wizard.

Please let me know if you were now able to locate the file.

Shlomi

HP Recommended

ShlomL,

Thanks for your excellent support, clear expert instructions and patience - VERY well done!

RN8

HP Recommended

You’re much welcome @RN8, great to see it is working now 🙂

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.