Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP M252dw
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Ever since I bought the M252dw when I have wanted to print 2 one page documents I simply printed the first document and the paper was automatically drawn from Tray 2.  Then I turned the paper over and inserted it into Tray 1 and printed the second document.  No problem, 2 one page documents on one piece of paper.  A couple of months ago when I started doing the same thing I would feed the paper into Tray 1 and it would appear to pull the paper in correctly but when I went to print the printer would ignore the paper in Tray 1 and print on a new piece of paper from Tray 2.  I have run the Windows 10 troubleshooter and it reports no problems.  The printer properties when getting ready to print are:

HP Color Laserjet Pro M252 PCL 6 Properties

Paper Size: Letter

Paper Source: Printer auto select

Paper Type: Unspecified

Print On Both Sides: Yes, flip over

Pages per sheet: 1 page per sheet

Print in Grayscale: Off

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@BobR47, Welcome to HP Support Community!

In order to isolate the issue, empty tray 2 and try printing.

Meanwhile, Update the printer firmware

Download available firmware updates from the HP website

With the printer on and connected to the computer, go to HP Customer Support - Software and Driver Downloads, and then identify your printer. Look for and install any available firmware updates. For more information, go to Updating or Upgrading Printer Firmware.

Report error messages if any. Keep me posted.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

2 things. Are both tray 1 and tray 2 on the printer set for paper type plain/letter. If Tray 1 is set for anything other than that this printer will not feed unless directed to, if set to letter then it should take tray 1 first and then tray 2. You could also change the driver setting from auto select source to tray 1 and it will then take from tray 1 if loaded and move to tray 2 if tray 1 is empty. There are other settings in the printer itself that may have been changed but I would try this first.

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.