Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
M254dw Printer
macOS 10.14 Mojave

I am unable to select best for print quality when trying to print.  I've tried to uninstall and reinstall as I found in a different thread, but it's just not working.  I only have the option of draft and normal. When I try to move to best, it jumps back to normal.  Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Some options are dependant on media loaded. For instance, the printer may require a higher quality paper, not plain paper to do higher resolution. These dependencies are often poorly documented and it is a trial and error process to figure it out. 

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

HP Recommended

I’ve tried to change paper, print from other applications, even a different computer and still no luck. Does not give me the option of selecting best quality for any.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.