Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
LaserJet Pro MFP 277dw

Does anyone know if duplex printig from USB pendrive is possible and how to set it?

Is it possible to select pages to print (for example only pages 1-2 in a 4 pages document) when printing from USB pendrive?

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@LadyMarmot

Thank you for responding,

It's great to have you back 😉

Could you share a picture of EWS page?

Looks like the option is not available on printer control panel, I would suggest you try checking for this option on EWS page:

• Obtain the IP address of the printer – You can touch the “wireless” icon on the printer control panel to obtain the IP address.
  • Type the IP address on your web browser to obtain the printer EWS page on your computer.
  • Go to Print Tab
  • Select Page Set up 
  • Turn on Duplex printing from the page.

Let me know how this goes,

Cheers!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@LadyMarmot

Thank you for posting on HP Forums,

Flower_Bud is at your service.

As I understand, you wish to know if you could perform Duplex printing from a USB drive, 

No worries, as I'll be glad to help you, that said, I'll need a few more details to dissect your concern & provide an accurate solution:

Could you share a picture of the setting you get after connecting a USB Drive to print a document?

Here are the steps you could follow to get to printing document when
USB drive is connected to the printer:

1. Insert the USB flash drive into the walk-up USB port on the product.

2. The USB Flash Drive menu opens with the following options:

● Print Documents

3. To print a document, touch the Print Documents screen, and then touch the name of the folder on the USB drive where the document is stored. When the summary screen opens, you can touch it to adjust the settings. Touch the Print button to print the document.

Please share the picture of the settings offered on the printer.

Cheers!

HP Recommended

Hallo FlowerBud

These are the available settings for USB drive print.

Translation from Italian

Impostazioni di stampa =  Print settings

Numero di copie = Number of copies

Formato carta = Paper format (Letter, A4...)

Tipo carta = Paper type (weight, surface...)

Adatta a pag. = Fit to page (yes/no)

Fascic. = Collate (yes/no)

Colore output = Output color (color/greyscale)

Imp. come pred. = Set as default

As you see, there's nothing about duplex here, nor a choice for printing just some pages of a document.

Thank you for any support.

Settings1.jpgSettings2.jpg

HP Recommended

@LadyMarmot

Thank you for responding,

It's great to have you back 😉

Could you share a picture of EWS page?

Looks like the option is not available on printer control panel, I would suggest you try checking for this option on EWS page:

• Obtain the IP address of the printer – You can touch the “wireless” icon on the printer control panel to obtain the IP address.
  • Type the IP address on your web browser to obtain the printer EWS page on your computer.
  • Go to Print Tab
  • Select Page Set up 
  • Turn on Duplex printing from the page.

Let me know how this goes,

Cheers!

HP Recommended

Here I am.

Sorry I'm late, I've just changed my PC and I was busy setting it up.

In the Print Tab there isn't the Page Setup option, but I found it in the System tab and...

WOW: IT WORKS!!! :clap::clap:

The amazon rainforest and I thank you for help us saving paper :generic:

HP Recommended

@LadyMarmot

This is the Riddle_decipher writing on behalf of @Flower_Bud as she's out of office for the day.

Thank you for the update,

I appreciate your time and efforts,

I'm glad you found the solution to this concern.

Thanks for taking the time to let the community know that you accept our suggestions,

I hope your product works great and you remain healthy for a long time 😉

To simply say thanks for our efforts to assist you, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos.

Take care now and do have a fabulous week ahead. 🙂

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.