Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about cartridges, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Laserjet Enterprise M607
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

When printing checks on intermediate stock 8.5x11 checks, it will run several sheets through, and then jam after about 10 sheets for 'Fuser jam'.   Paper stops about same place (mid check after black security third of sheet passes through the fuser) every time with no evidence of paper catching.  Possibly color of checks is causing sensor issue?  Used to print same stock like a charm in our old HP 4250's this one replaced.  Have tried to send job from other paper trays to eliminate pickup roller issues from tray.  Have tried different paper types.  Have tried to modify the printer and driver settings.  

Any suggestions that may help us print our checks with this brand new printer?  

12 REPLIES 12
HP Recommended

I will try and assist.Does this happen when you print only one page or only when you print multi sheets?You gave a very detailed explanation thx.I think that this only happens when you print multi copies.Then there might be a problem with the paper feed clutch or even a registration clutch.Please test this and i will look out for this post and try and help.

I am A certified Copier Technician.
It is so nice to give some help where possible and the forum is a great idea Thank You.Sometimes a picture speaks louder than words to find a solution.Should you find my help use full just give some credit for my effort please.
.Thank You.Copier-Pro
If you found this post helpful, you can let others know and also show your appreciation by clicking the “Accept as Solution”button, “Thumbs up" button!

#################################################################
I'M NOT AN HP EMPLOYEE AND DO ANSWER THESE QUESTION ON MY OWN BEHALF.
#################################################################
HP Recommended

Thank you for the reply.  Just adding to my original description a bit.  This is brand spanking new/out of the box printer.  Normal paper seems to feed like a champ.  It's just this check.  I'll see if i can copy an attachment of the paper here.

We are running a multi sheet job only on one side.  About 8-12 print fine, then it just stops(every job) with the paper at about the same exact spot in the fuser with no folded corners/wrinkles  In fact, it makes it partially into the exit tray.  Not sure if an exit sensor is fooled by some blackout on the check, the paper is slippery, or it's the weight of the paper(which isnt' cardstock.  Seems like mid weight paper). OR, maybe it's slipping on tray pickup (we have tried different trays).  Would like to know if we could 'slow down' the job perhaps, or even get a more detailed error log determining if it's the fuser exit sensor.

Firmware is latest/greatest, and we have messed with the printer driver as far as we could (PCL6 from HP)

PS:  I was a copier tech for Ricoh/Lexmark/Toshiba for 3 years.  lol.  So i do speak the lingo enough to relay my issue.  Just not sure why this intermitant issue is occuring on this HP.

HP Recommended

Hello!    I do realize I'm a few months late to the discussion. 

I'm having the same issue with a brand-new-out-of-the-box M608.  It prints regular paper, heavy paper, even cardstock like a champ, but fails in exactly the same manner as your printer when we use check stock.  Mid-weight paper, pre-printed check face (no data on it, just the colored security background), security panels on the back.  

We are using Z-fold pressure seal check stock, but have been running it literally years on 4250, 4145, 601, and 604 printers.    But the 608, with it's different paper path, pitches a fit and stops printing.  Usually it's a 'Paper Late to Fuser from Tray X' error.  Seems the rollers aren't gripping the paper and it's slipping.  

Did you find a solution to this other than changing check stock?  

Thanks!

HP Recommended

We are experiencing the same problem.  I don't see a solution.  Did you guys get this resolved?

HP Recommended

After lot's of trial and error and headaches, we contatcted the MICR company and they said that the M607 was not an approved device for the checks, and had known issues with passing through the device consistantly.  HP still does not have an update for this, and we are not going to use this printer for this job apparently, and have since returned it.  

Back to the good 'ol 4250's until we find a proven replacement.   Bummer.  We had hoped to find a long term upgrade solution for checks.   This just wasnt' it.  😕

HP Recommended

If it's any help, we've had good luck with the 4015, 4515, M600 (M601 specifically)  printers.  They use the 4000 series engine/paper path and seem to be much more reliable at the expense of a mediocre page-per-minute count.   

My personal opinion is that the newer engine and paper path, with the smaller diameter, harder rollers just can't keep as good a grip on the paper as the larger, spongier rollers used in the 42XX, and 601/2/3 series printers.  

Thanks for the information, I'll post back if I make any progress at all with these two new paperweights.  

HP Recommended

Just wanted to give an update.  Our MICR vendor indicated that there is some sort of issue with a sensor that detects jams and that it was addressed in a firmware update.  The firmware version we had was 4.3.0.3 and upgraded to 4.5.6.  The file provided from the vendor was named ljM607_608_609_fs4_fw_2405441_028171.bdl

I haven't had time to verify if the firmware upgrade has cleared the issue yet.  Another suggestion from the MICR vendor was to orient the image 180 degrees (a setting on the printer) and load the media accordingly.  The suggestion is to move the adhesive location from the leading edge to the trailing edge.  I haven't attempted this suggestion yet since I'm waiting to verify if the firmware upgrade resolved the issue.

Hope this helps anyone else that runs into this problem in the future.

And thanks for the replacement printer suggestions.  If this attempt doesn't work then we will be returning the printer and replacing it with something known to work.

HP Recommended

Thank you, we had the same problem, I then upgraded to the latest firmware which is ljM607_608_609_fs4_fw_2406048_029638 currently, and so far so good.

HP Recommended

Error: 13.B9.D2 and 41.10.22

Jamming on Check print jobs. Only from tray2. Works great from manual feed tray.

I ha 2 newly purchased M607 printers. Both Jam when utilizing the paper tray. Both print great when utilizing the manual feed.

I have updated the firmware on one of them with no change in the results. ljM607_608_609_fs4_fw_2406048_029638

I have tested with varying weights of paper and all goes great. The exception is when utilizing Checks. Only Checks. Thats whe it jams on the first sheet. Receiveing fuzer jam message, followed by Size mismatch in Tray 2.

I have compared size and it is identicle to regular paper and card stock.

Any suggestions?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.