Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
MFP X585

We have a HP Officejet Enterprise Color MFP  X585 and it keeps getting a 61.00.00 error.  I've tried the tips from here, such as reseating the formatter, as well as tips from this video, and the green light in the control board is lit.

I formatted the hard drive in the pre boot and installed the latest firmware, from earlier in 2020. The 61.00.00 error returns. I entered a static IP address in the pre boot section but the device is not responding to ping nor via a web browser. Just the 61.00.00 error and the prompt to restart.

Is this likely a situation where we have to replace the formatter?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Well, a couple of the Ink Cartridges were not seated correctly. I can't believe that's not one of the troubleshooting tips. Once we re-seated and inserted all 4 in correctly, no more 61.00.00 errors.

We do notice that the color printing is smudged and blurry. B&W is ok. Could it be that the cartridges are bad? We ran every cleaning option multiple times to no avail.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Leave it overnight turned OFF ( not standby) to cool down to see will it work some time without error.

I had that problem, printer worked in the morning when cold, after some time printing error occurs, replacing power supply solved problem.

My profile on LinkedIn

HP Recommended

Repairatrooper_0-1606950254967.png

According to tech documentation if the smiley face LED is green the formatter is ok.

The tech troubleshooting for this error is many pages long and my NDA with HP prevents me from sharing.

Try starting with both the network and fax cables disconnected,.

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

HP Recommended

I powered it off for 1 week, and removed the Ethernet cord, I can't get to the GUI, I can't ping it, the 61.00.00 error returns and keeps saying to restart. There has to be some piece of hardware that is either defective, or a sensor that is possibly loose?

Any other suggestions?

HP Recommended

Well, a couple of the Ink Cartridges were not seated correctly. I can't believe that's not one of the troubleshooting tips. Once we re-seated and inserted all 4 in correctly, no more 61.00.00 errors.

We do notice that the color printing is smudged and blurry. B&W is ok. Could it be that the cartridges are bad? We ran every cleaning option multiple times to no avail.

HP Recommended

I have never seen cartridges not seat properly and not trigger an install cartridge error. Something to look out for. In terms of cartridges causing smudging, not likely, most print defects are print head or paperpath related. Try running the printhead cleaning and see if that helps. Media can also be an issue, in particular, glossy media needs to be the correct one.

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.