Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP M281cdw - T6B83A
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP M281cdw - T6B83A - is starting to squeak loudly when we print move that a few pages.  I have done maintenance kits before on my other HP Color LaserJet printers, but I cannot find the correct unit / part number for this printer.  Does anyone know the best way to find this part number?

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

There is no maintenance kit on these low-end printers. You might find parts sold separately, but nothing like maintenance kit.

Have you ruled out a possible consumable problem, the toners might squeak?

My profile on LinkedIn

HP Recommended

@Valsimot  is correct. You can purchase parts by themselves but depending if you are using OEM or refurbished/3rd party parts the cost will quickly exceed the value of replacement. We see this often when people purchase a printer that is designed for a 1-2 small office/home office users being dropped into an business or enterprise because the purchase cost was so low. However, toner costs per copy and maintenance costs will quickly eat away at savings and increased downtime caused by over use winds up costing you more in labour.

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

HP Recommended

Toners have been replaced. The squeaking has not gone away. M

HP Recommended

The printer is for home use.

HP Recommended

Good point I should have made, if others are viewing this post. The first place to look for noise issues on these printers is cartridges. I know not everyone has a spare set kicking around but if you do, try that first. You can look at the cartridges and if you see lines of toner on the ends of the green/blue drum unit of the cartridge that is a good indication that you probably have toner contamination on the drum bushings and that is going to cause noise.

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.