Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
Color LaserJet Pro M252dw
macOS 10.14 Mojave

My Color LaserJet Pro M252dw had been working perfectly, then overnight it stopped printing normally. When I try to print the document it is sent to the printer but nothing happens.  The panel on the printer says ‘Printing document’ and that is how it remains.  Looking in Mac System Preferences/Printer, the pane says ‘printing – waiting for job to complete’, and that is how it stays. I have reset and setup the printer several times yet still this problem remains.  On a few occasions, after 10 -15 minutes some documents did print, one was a returns label; images were normal as were some of the letters, the others were not, they were represented such as E0 with F0 directly beneath or E0 with two numbers directly beneath. On another occasion these same letters were all printed as Y.  Perhaps this document is the cause of this particular problem?  A NeoOffice.odt document did print correctly but again, I had to wait for it. I am using Mac OS Mojave.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@Blimp

A warm welcome to HP Forums! This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips to your technical queries.

I understand you are not able to print from your Mac and I'll be glad to help you out. However, for an accurate solution, I would need more details:

Are you able to copy documents?

How is the printer connected, USB or Wireless?

Could you also print a configuration page and let me know if it prints. In order to print the configuration page:

1.) From the Home screen on the product control panel, touch the Setup button.

2.) Open the Reports menu.

3.) Select Configuration Report.

Senan6806

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

The printer driver may have become corrupt. Try deleting the printer and driver from your computer and re-installing.

HP Recommended

HI Senan, thanks for your reply; forgive me for not replying sooner, but I’ve been rather busy of late. I have managed to get the printer working. I had seen a recommendation to turn the printer off, remove any usb cable and then restart the printer, ensuring it was plugged into a wall socket - not a power surge adapter. Then restart my computer and delete the printer from Mac Preferences/Printers & Scanners and then reinstall the printer. Right click on the printer and click on reset print system. All’s well, Hopefully I will have no more of the problems I experienced. I had already followed instructions to reset the printer, without any success, but these instructions did not mention removing the plug from the power surge adapter. Having the plug in a wall socket while reseting seems to be key.

HP Recommended

Hi ALS. Yes, you were right about the driver having become corrupt. Thanks for your help.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.