Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended

My HP LaserJet 3055 All In One does not scan using Windows 7 - 64bit. I can copy and print only. Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

Is the printer connected to your PC by USB or network?

By using USB connection, you may scan using the Windows Fax and Scan software integrated into your OS.

Scanning through a network connection unfortunately supported on Windows7 32 bit only, as you  may find listed within the About network scanning section below:

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?&objectID=c02539136#A2

Regards,

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂

View solution in original post

18 REPLIES 18
HP Recommended

Hi,

Is the printer connected to your PC by USB or network?

By using USB connection, you may scan using the Windows Fax and Scan software integrated into your OS.

Scanning through a network connection unfortunately supported on Windows7 32 bit only, as you  may find listed within the About network scanning section below:

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?&objectID=c02539136#A2

Regards,

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended
Thanks for your support Shlomi.
I feel like a dope! My only excuse is that I started using Windows 7 this past week.... but still....Shame on me and kudos for you.
Thank you also for not including a ....."DUH!"... in your reply. You are a smart and kind fellow. HP is lucky to have you. Best regards. Ron
HP Recommended

i have windows 7 32bit and HP 3055 ALL in one.   I followed the procedure of installing the HP Full solution with vista service pack 2 compatability option. The installation was successful but it does not scan through network. I gives error message  "  please insert originals in automatic document feeder and please retry again ".  HP has given instructions regarding installation of  HP 3055 using compatability mode on win 7 32 bit platform.

Kindly provide solution if you have one.  As after successful installation ,still i am not able to use the scanner feature over network.

HP Recommended

I followed Shiomi's advise and problem solved.

His solution was: Use the Windows Fax & Scanner installed with Windows /.

I hope this does it for you.

Have a good one.

Ron.

HP Recommended

Dear ,

Thanks for response .  I have tried  scan & fax  feature of windows 7. Even i tried readiris pro 12 application also for scanning , but  it gives the similar error message that   please insert originals in  automatic document feeder and retry please again.

I have tried scanning option using flat bed / document feeder input still it does not initalise , though the diagnostic  test results are successful.

HP Recommended

In other situations, when I've had problems installing hardware with the CD included with the harware, I uninstall the hardware completely, turn my computer off, physically disconnect the hardware from my computer. Then I reboot from zero. Once up and running and online,  I connect the harware's USB plug to my computer, let the computer install the hardware by itself . I allow my computer to recognize, decide, select drivers online and install the hardware by itself. 

I hope this simple but effective solution works out for you.

HP Recommended

The Windows Scan and Fax works, but .pdf is not one of the scan format options.

How do I restore that functionality?

HP Recommended

Hello kmsbc.  I understand you'd like to scan to .pdf.

When did you lose the ability to use the scan to PDF function?  Were you ever able to scan to PDF on this computer?

I'd also like to confirm that you're using Windows 7 and the LaserJet 3055.  Is this corrrect?

Have a good day.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please click the white star under my name to give me Kudos as a way to say "Thanks!"

Click the "Accept as Solution" button if I resolve your issue.

HP Recommended

Hello AttackofZac

I am using 64 bit  Windows 7.

I hadn't tried printing to.pdf previously and when I tried, I couldn't.

I solved the issue by  using Windows Fax & Scanner.

Thanks for your help. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.