Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP M377
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi Everyone !

I tried to installed the HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP M377 PCL-6 on a PC and in the end of the installation, i've got a message saying that the installation can't be finished. I do the installation with the CD's.

What can I do ?

thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply, please delete all traces of the printer using the method suggested. Restart the computer couple times and then install the printer software. 

If you are using Windows 10 and are able to print. You can download our HP Scan and Capture app to scan without the complete printer software. Click here to know more. 

Based on the specifications of your printer, your printer has wireless connectivity option. Once you have the printer connected to the wireless network, your computers can communicate with the printer over wifi or ethernet. 

Run wireless setup on the printer screen first and then look for the printer on other computers. 

Keep me posted. 

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accepted Solution" and "Kudos" buttons, that’ll help us and others see that we’ve got the answers!

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi @Apesac,

Thanks for the post and Welcome to HP Forums, 

I see you are unable to complete the setup of the Laserjet printer on your computer running on Windows 10. I will be glad to help. 

Is the printer already connected to the network?

I believe as you have mentioned PCL-6, you have connected the printer through ethernet, recommend you to refer to this article for assistance. 

Latest PCL6 driver for your printer available on our website, recommend you to uninstall the printer software from your computer and install the driver from our website and check.

For assistance in uninstallation, refer to the steps below. 

Uninstall the printer again from Programs and features (Control Panel)

Check in device manager, if the printer is listed there, please delete it.

Go to devices and printers, select any printer listed there and you will get some options on the top. 

Click on print server properties. 

You will get a popup, click on the drivers tab and delete all the HP printer drivers listed there, if any.

Delete all the instances of your printer listed in devices and printers.

Restart the PC.

Update the firmware on the printer using the control panel on the printer. (Will require the printer to be connected to your wireless network.)

Once the PC is on the desktop, press Win + R, it would bring a Run dialog box, 

Type %temp% in the run box and click Ok or hit the Enter button.

It would bring up the temporary files folder. Delete the files in the folder (You might not be able to delete all the files).

Restart the PC again. 

Now install the driver you downloaded. 

Keep me posted. 

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accepted Solution" and "Kudos" buttons, that’ll help us and others see that we’ve got the answers!

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I tried to install it on wifi, i have 6 PC connected to the HP on wifi but this one just have the drivers. I can't install the software so i can't use the scanner.

I tried to install on one PC with the Ethernet Cable and the installation work but the wifi doesn't work and i have 2 Mobile PC.

(i'm very sorry for my bad english, i read it perfectly but i'm very bad on writing it).

I would like to know if this model have the wifi and ethernet work together or it's just a switch ?

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply, please delete all traces of the printer using the method suggested. Restart the computer couple times and then install the printer software. 

If you are using Windows 10 and are able to print. You can download our HP Scan and Capture app to scan without the complete printer software. Click here to know more. 

Based on the specifications of your printer, your printer has wireless connectivity option. Once you have the printer connected to the wireless network, your computers can communicate with the printer over wifi or ethernet. 

Run wireless setup on the printer screen first and then look for the printer on other computers. 

Keep me posted. 

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I download HP Scan and Capture, thank you very much.. it work !!! 🙂

And for the information, when i tried to install on ethernet, i had switched on ethernet "mode" (at this moment I wasn't know) so know, i let it on wifi mode :).

HP Recommended

Hi, I seem to be having the same issues with re-installing my printer on a Windows 10 All-in-One...I was forced to reset my computer after some other issues arrose and after that happened I have been unable to reinstall my printer. I keep getting a "fatal error, install taking too long" message... I have redownloaded, deleted the printer, deleted/unistall software a multitude of times (10 at least) and am getting nowhere...the computer, but not any programs, see the printer...I'm at a loss

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.