Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
LaserJet100 color MFP M175nw
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Hi there,

I am able to connect the printer to some computers wireless but on other laptops the printer will not connect.

The laptops find the network for the printer but does not connect to it. Other networks work fine on these computers but can not mainly connect to the printer.

Any solutions?

Thanks,

Vids

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi there..

I tried the netwirk power drain and also restored the printer to default setting and still had no luck..

However I again went into my printers EWS page and under 'Networking' tab and 'Wireless connections' I manged to join an existing network which I did. This created a new IP address for my printer that does not begin with 169

So now the printer is connected to my WIFI and I can print through my Wifi on all my devices.

Thank you so much for all your help!   :generic:

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hello, @Vids – Hope you are well 🙂

Welcome to the HP Support Forums!  It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts, and other support personnel!

I understand that you are having issues while connecting the printer to your computers. Let’s try these steps to try and fix this issue:

•  Unplug the USB cable from the printer and computer if present.
  • Go to Control panel – Programs and feature – Select all the HP LaserJet printer entries and uninstall them.
  • Restart your computer.
  • Now click on http://hp.care/2qSlQqx to download and install the printer drivers.
  • Select Wireless on the connection type screen and follow the on screen instructions.

Please let me know if this resolves the issue, or if you require further assistance!

Good luck 🙂

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
HP Recommended

Hi @DVortex

I have followed those instructions and tried to install via wireless. It could not find the product wirelessly and required me to connect it via USB.

After which the following error occured: "Unable to connect with product" - "Please ensure that your PC and product are connected via USB cable and that the product is turned on and ready"

I have switched the printer off and restarted it and still gives me the same error.

Although if I choose the option to install via USB it connects but it still does not connect wirelessly.

Any other solutions? :Crying:

HP Recommended

Hello, @Vids

Try to disable the IPv6 on the printer and also try assigning a static IP for the machine. Here are the steps:

•    Obtain the IP address of the printer – You can touch the “wireless” icon on the printer control panel to get the IP address.
•    Type the IP address on your web browser to obtain the printer EWS page on your computer.
•    Go to "Network" tab - General - Select "Network protocols" - Select "Enable IPv4 only" (or similar) - Apply the settings.
•    Go to the “Network” tab – Click on “Wireless (802.11) – Then click on “Network address (IPv4)
•    Click on the radio button which says “Manual IP” and then click “Suggest a manual IP address” to give a manual IP address to your printer.
•    Click on radio button which says “Manual DNS Server” and under manual preferred type 8.8.8.8 and under manual alternate type 8.8.4.4 (This is Google DNS server address)

Once done, try to install the printer again.

Those steps should do the trick, let me know the outcome!

Cheers 🙂

Please click "Accepted Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
HP Recommended

Still no luck!

On my printers EWS page there is no option to manually suggest an IP address.

My printer's IP address begins with 169.254.x.x (if that makes a difference)

I have tried connecting it via WPS pushbutton to connect with our router but the connection keeps failing as well.

How else can I do this?

HP Recommended

Hello, @Vids

Thanks for the update. The 169.X.X.X IP address is generally considered to be a bad IP. This could be the reason for the connectivity issue. 

Let's try to perform a network power drain and check. Here are the steps:

1.      Turn off all the devices connected on your network including the PC, Smartphones, printer, modem (if present) and router. Make sure all the devices in the network are turned off / unplugged.

2.      Wait for 2-3 minutes.

3.      Now turn on the modem if present. Wait till all the lights are steady and idle.

4.      Then turn on the router. Again wait for a couple of minutes so that the lights are all steady.

5.      Then turn on the printer and other devices.

Check the IP address of the printer again. If it is not 169.x.x.x IP, then the issue is resolved. 

Let me know how that goes!

Thank you 🙂

Please click "Accepted Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
HP Recommended

Hi

I had a similar problem.

Printer connect to wifi with protocol 802.11g but laptops use 802.11n that is faster and go over 20mb with fiber connection.

Try to connect to your network with the laptop with 802.11g protocol and the printer shold work

It's kinda weird because I have another printer, a inkjet, that work no matter the protocol is.

HP Recommended

Hi there..

I tried the netwirk power drain and also restored the printer to default setting and still had no luck..

However I again went into my printers EWS page and under 'Networking' tab and 'Wireless connections' I manged to join an existing network which I did. This created a new IP address for my printer that does not begin with 169

So now the printer is connected to my WIFI and I can print through my Wifi on all my devices.

Thank you so much for all your help!   :generic:

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.