Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended

seems to me like most people who had devices that supported only SMB v1 will most likely looking to switch vendors.  we will not be buying anymore small business HPs ever again at this point.  

not like a firmware update couldn't fix this.

HP Recommended

I work for an international bank and we are in the process of taking several of our HP models offline because the show up in vulnerability scans and we can't fix them,  nor find out sufficient information on the level of risk nor information on how to mitigate any risk.  Some of these printers have many years of useful life remaining.  Quite frankly, this is inexcusable and easily fixed with a firmware update.  I don't understand the delay, but it is forcing us to purchase new printers and they are not going to be HP.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.