Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP LASERJET PRO MFP M426FDW
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

It is a new printer hardly 9 months old still in warranty.  When I print I get the following message:

" Load tray 2 Plain A4 or Press OK to use available media" I have so far had two technicians online who took over remote my computer and tried all they can but in vain. I am in a fix as to what I should do? I have always used HP and recommended HP products to my students in the university.

Can anyone suggest what I can do? Should I take the printer to an HP service center for repair?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

my hp all in one printer 3510  wont print the ink is full but no ink on the paper when i print

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Are you using A4 paper? When the printer tells you to load A4 paper it means the printer does not think it has A4 paper loaded. If you have A4 paper loaded then you have to make sure at the printer the tray that contains A4 paper is set as having A4 paper under the paper handing menu. Now most hp printers do have a setting where you can override A4/letter settings so the printer will print on letter or A4 paper no matter what setting is on the printer.

HP Recommended

my hp all in one printer 3510  wont print the ink is full but no ink on the paper when i print

HP Recommended

My laserjet Pro MFP M426fdw would not print automatically. Subsequently,  HP technician from India solved the problem. It had nothing to do with the paper size. The technician simply asked me to put the printer in factory default and now the printer prints beautifully. It is a very good printer with provisions for scan, fax and copying.

Perhaps if you have a touch screen panel in your printer you may want to consider putting the printer in factory default. That should solve the problem.

HP Recommended

HP technician from India through remote helped me to solve the problem. He put the printer on factory default. The printer is now printing automatically and beautifully. Thank you HP for the excellent customer service. I am a HP client for more than 15 years and continue to be.

HP Recommended

Professor, it has nothing to do with the paper size though it gave the error message.  The issue related to the software of the printer.  The HP technician solved by asking me to put the printer in factory default and reloading the software again.

Formerly member of the faculty at

UC Berkeley/ Lawrence Livermore

National Labs.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.