Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
Color LaserJet Pro M452dn
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

The Paper Jam caution will not clear.  The screen caution says there is a "Jam in the paper path. Open read door and clear the jam".  I have opended the rear door and repeatedly checked that there is no jammed paper present (both steps 1 and 2).  I have turned off and unplugged the machine.  I have loaded plain white letter size paper in tray 2.  Still the caution comes on after I turn the machine back on. How do I reset the caution so I can use my printer

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

We are an MSP and I've replaced three of this exact model, this month.  One was fuser, other two are reporting jams like this.  Now I'm worried about the others we have in field.  Could be a fluke, but never seen issues crop up like they have with these printers recently.  All about 2 years old when issues came up. 

HP Recommended

I had a unit with similar issue. It turned out to be a jammed flag in the pickup assembly. Easiest way to check is to remove the cartridges, remove the paper tray and then place the printer on one side so that  you can see all the pickup assembly inside the paper tray cavity. 

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

HP Recommended

Repairatrooper,

Rear door paper jam

I've taken my HP M452 apart multiple times, saw your post and did everything (removed paper tray, removed all the cartridges and put it on it's side with the rear door open).

Can't find any paper jam, I looked at the 3 pages that came out before the jam to see if there was any small pcs missing, none

Anyway to "reset" the printer to clear it  ?

Many thanks and best regards,

Chris

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.