StevenC64
5 4 0 0
Message 1 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Paper jams at fuser

HP CP4005DN
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I just purchased a used HP CP4005DN printer. It was doing fine and then all the sudden the paper starts jamming as it enters the fuser. I am not a business but I purchased this printer because I do a lot of printing for the not for profit organization I am a part of. I am almost thinking the problem is the fuser but I would like some insight on it before I throw parts at it.

6 REPLIES 6
Level 10
2,698 2,687 245 507
Message 2 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Paper jams at fuser

Can you print the event log and post the most common errors you are seeing?  On the control panel administration>troubleshooting >event log.

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
0 Kudos
StevenC64
5 4 0 0
Message 3 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Paper jams at fuser

Error code is 13.05.00. The events show FUSER OUTPUT paper late jam, and FUSER OUTPUT paper stopped jam. I have tried a cold reset and also leaving it unplugged for several hours.

0 Kudos
StevenC64
5 4 0 0
Message 4 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Paper jams at fuser

PS, thank you for trying to help.

0 Kudos
StevenC64
5 4 0 0
Message 5 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Paper jams at fuser

Error code is 13.05.00. The events show FUSER OUTPUT paper late jam, and FUSER OUTPUT paper stopped jam. I have tried a cold reset and also leaving it unplugged for several hours.

0 Kudos
Level 8
735 723 61 99
Message 6 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Paper jams at fuser

Put just one page of paper a time in tray2 to see if it still jams or not.

If it's not you may have an input sticky solenoid issue needed to be solved.

In this situation you should have two papers jammed one at fuser and the other at input area.

If you want to do it yourself google for how to do and get a service manual and YouTube also may help.

You can try tray1 to see if it jams or not.

0 Kudos
StevenC64
5 4 0 0
Message 7 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Paper jams at fuser

The paper jams whether 1 sheet or several sheets are put into the tray. Have tried single sheet feed and still jams as it tries to enter the fuser.

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation