Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
m375
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

I have a persistant "Jam in tray 1". There only is paper in tray 2 (tray 1 used for sheet one by one)

Obviously I already checked that there is no jam. I also changed all pick up roller and separator.

When I try to print page, Paper is not picked up.
Is a sensor could cause this kind of this issue?

I haven't got other idea, can you help me?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi here, some news about my issue !

After having completely disassembled the printer (also parts without service manual) I replaced the photo interrupter sensor SR7 which detects the introduction of the tray 2 and the passage of the sheets of the tray 1 (and also the SR14 at the entrance of tray 1 just in case), and  miracle the printer is working properly 🙂

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

HP  knows of this problem. It is a problem with a sensor deep inside the printer that is loose and out of position. They didn't identify the sensor or its location in the printer. Their memo stated that it's too difficult to get to to fix and not worth the time and effort.  Their recommendation for this is to replace the printer, even for their own techs.

I've mildly tried to locate it, but this printer is not easily taken apart, and I've never had a decent amount of time to really look for it. 

HP Recommended

That's what I was afraid of 🙄

Had found the service manual, so I will attempt a dismantling.

If others have a better idea... 😉

Thanks

HP Recommended

Hi here, some news about my issue !

After having completely disassembled the printer (also parts without service manual) I replaced the photo interrupter sensor SR7 which detects the introduction of the tray 2 and the passage of the sheets of the tray 1 (and also the SR14 at the entrance of tray 1 just in case), and  miracle the printer is working properly 🙂

HP Recommended

Well, that is very interesting. Kudos in tackling that challenge and fixing your problem!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.