Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended

It should be noted that this thread is title "FIRMWARE UPGRADE ISSUES". This issue was NOT solved! G-Rock, your tech support person told you you didn't need the update since it prints over USB with Win 8. This is not the point of this thread.

This firmware update also includes:
"Improves wireless radio performance in low-signal situations "

I am still trying to update the firmware because the wifi connection constantly drops.
It is not my router settings (I've changed the security to WPA, mode to G, channel to 6 or 11, disabled MAC filtering) as HP tech support suggested.
Static IP address with proper subnet & gateway doesn't solve anything either.

I still can't update the firmware and the printer's wifi connection drops rendering the network functionality of this useless.

Any help would be appreciated.

HP Recommended

My apologies. I did give it that title, but since my primary issue was the fact that I was unable to print, and we got that part ironed out, I considered it to be fixed. I "unsolved" it for you. Good luck!

@eunieprunie wrote:

It should be noted that this thread is title "FIRMWARE UPGRADE ISSUES". This issue was NOT solved! G-Rock, your tech support person told you you didn't need the update since it prints over USB with Win 8. This is not the point of this thread.

This firmware update also includes:
"Improves wireless radio performance in low-signal situations "

I am still trying to update the firmware because the wifi connection constantly drops.
It is not my router settings (I've changed the security to WPA, mode to G, channel to 6 or 11, disabled MAC filtering) as HP tech support suggested.
Static IP address with proper subnet & gateway doesn't solve anything either.

I still can't update the firmware and the printer's wifi connection drops rendering the network functionality of this useless.

Any help would be appreciated.

HP Recommended

I have the same issue with Deskjet 6525

I tried to update the firmware of my printer with HPCOM_292009_HPDJIA_6525_x64_000_002.exe via Wifi and USB too. I got the same error message: "HP device update cannot proceed".

I need it for solving this issue: " Improves wireless radio performance in low-signal situations".  

HP printer assistant (FULL feature solution) works fine. Connection between my printer and PC is good (exept when printer lost wifi signal)

I'm using Windows 8 x64

HP Recommended

I have the same issue with 6525. I have managed to install the drivers, enable web services etc but the firmware just refuses to be updated. I get the same  message "Hp Device Update cannot proceed". The printer is working fine in all other respects.

I have tried over USB and wireless. Over a pc with win8 64 bit, over a laptop with Win XP, over another PC with win 7 but to no avail.

Hp supprt here in India has no clue on anything except the most basic answers.

HP Recommended

To upgrade the farmware, just use the printer control panel to update it, done ti successfully for current firmware version PKM2CN1340AR 

HP Recommended
Thank you neosb. Eunieprunie, does this solution work for you? I'm unable to test it due to the way the wifi is set up where I live (student housing). Since you fussed me out the last time I accepted a solution that didn't fit your situation, you're the boss.
HP Recommended

This thread has been locked, For more information on HPPIW please refer to the following support document:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02681060

The HP Printer Install Wizard is a support application from HP that assisted in downloading printer software. This support application is no longer supported by HP. The last update to this software was on September 22, 2015.

To download and install the latest version of software for your HP printer, please visit 123.hp.com, HP support website, or HP Support Assistant (in English).

I Work for HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.