Vegas_Lady
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Piece of tape stuck on the drum

Laerjet Pro M227
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

There is a piece of label stuck on the drum which is in a separate cartridge from the toner on the LaserJet Pro M227. Can I use Goo Gone or Lighter Fluid to remove it? If not, what else can I use. it is not fused to the drum but it is firmly stuck.

2 REPLIES 2
Macmac55
Level 3
53 50 3 5
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I would not recommend goo gone for that.  I have in the past just pealed off stickers or labels off drums with just my fingers.

Its time consuming then I clean it off with cloth that has a silicon coating to help wipe off any excess.  But the drum is so sensitive it can easily become damaged and then you will have a quality issue.  Safest bet is to just replace the drum 

0 Kudos
AlS77
Level 5
164 155 11 15
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have in the past carefully pulled off as much label as I can, then using a soft cloth dampened with alcohol, gently but firmly rub off the rest of the label and adhesive. Let it dry. When you print you'll see some print quality issues for a few pages, then it clears up pretty good after that. 

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation