Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended

Thanks for your help.   I followed your instructions to the letter (did not have to go to the Administrative) and everything is now working fine....I had lost the copy/scan function on another printer, so had decided to install my other HP All in one....could not even install it.  But now it is working and my other wireless printer is also functioning....

Thank you, Janet French

HP Recommended

How do I get the print spooler service running again?

HP Recommended

You are welcome Janet.

You will occasionally find, if you leave your computer running for a long time (say overnight), a Windows message something to the effect that "the Print Spooler has stopped working".  It asks you if you would like to send a report on the issue to Microsoft.  You can choose 'yes' or 'no', which ever option you prefer.

Chances are your print spooler has already been restarted because of the "work around fix" that I provided some time ago.

Note that the longer your computer is on (running), the greater the chance for the print spooler to stop functioning and have to be restarted.  So if it has been running for quite a while, say overnight, it is not a bad idea to restart the computer.

Good luck,

Bruce W.

HP Recommended

i cannot add the printer    was working fine with 2 printers listed now nothing is listed nor will it allow me to add a printer

HP Recommended

I am not to sure how to use these "fix it" blogs or if I will even get an answer.   The replies on this site ended about 3 years ago.  My HP printer may be having print spooler issues.  I tried to find  your "03-09-13 posting"  but could not find it in the messages.  How/where do I find it?

Thanks for you help.........  I think.....  if you get this.

Doyle

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.