Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP LaserJet Pro P 1102W

Hello,

I am been having difficulties with printing for a little while. I can print, that's not the problem, but the image is not centered on the paper. It's lower. So I am always missing a part at the bottom. It doesn't matter if I am printing a Word document, image, excel or PDF, it's always the same. It's just off. The preview looks goog though. But when it's printed it doesn't look at all like the preview.  I have been living with the problem for a while, but I want to print a sewing pattern, I need to print Actual size so my 1 inch test square is correct, but I just can't. The test square is fine, but I'm missing a part of the lines at the bottom, so obviously it will affect my pattern, so it needs to be resolved. I have checked online for support, can't find anything. I talked with the VirtualAgent, can't find the problem. Any idea how I can resolve that ? My printer is a couple years old, the guarantee is done so I can't seem to be able to speak to anyone from HP to get some help. I am on Windows 10, but not sure which one. Thanks in advance for your help ! 

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@aroytsa

Welcome to HP support community.

Try the steps mentioned in this HP document to fix the issue:- Click here

I hope that helps.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Edit: After rereading your description it could be a couple of things:

1: The paper size is set wrong. The printout you describe is common if the printer is set for A4 paper type instead of letter.

2. Your paper pickup roller could be worn, resulting in a delayed feed of paper.

3. It is possible the tray registration is out but I am not sure that adjustment is even possible on this model. If it is it would be done through the toolbox software on your PC. Registration is done by printing a page and then inputting values to shift the print on the page. Unfortunately some basic models to not offer this adjustment.

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.