Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
Level 2
7 6 1 2
Message 11 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

My faith in Karma! No, seriously, my 20 + years in IT before retiring. If what should work doesn't work, then try what shouldn't work, because maybe it will.

In my case with this issue, I have a CLJ3800, I've had it for years. Works fine on my old 2007 macbook. It worked fine on my wife's old W10 home laptop. Her laptop crashed, I bought her a brand new HP laptop. The new HP couldn't find the printer. If I forced it to, i.e. input IP address, or choose generic PCL or PS driver, it would print but only in B&W.

When I followed these steps, my printer didn't show up. Closest was  CLJ2800. It worked. It's still working.

That's why I say try the driver that includes your model, even though it doesn't have the letter designation that yours does.

For your info, though you might already know,

MFP stands for Multi Function Printer,

M183 is the model number,

and FW stands for fax capable and wireless capable.

So that's why I think a driver for models M182 thru M185 will work for yours.

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation