Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP Color LaserJet Pro M280-M281 Multifunction Printer series

Im lookingat getting a new printer and found a great deal of a LaserJet Pro M281cdw but would like to compare it to the 281cdw which seems to be everywhere and what all the reviews are about.  Can anyone help me with what the difference between these two models are?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I really couldn't find any remarkable difference between these two models. They seem practically the same.

Theoritically the M281cdw model (T6B83A) should have more functions than the M281fdw (T6B82A) model. 

The only differences I found are:

1 page per minute quicker scanning (27 ppm instead of 26 ppm for the fdw model)

5,000 pages more for monthly duty cycle (45,000 instead of 40,000 for the fdw model)

I may miss something 

I hope this helps,

Cheers!

ALEX-TATS
Printer Engineer for a HP Platinum Partner
I am not a HP employee
If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the “Accept as Solution” button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the “Thumbs up" button!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi Mvanpelt,

I understand that the one printer you want to compare is the HP Laserjet Pro M281cdw:

https://support.hp.com/sk-en/document/c05689022

What is the other one ? Because you are mentioning m281cdw twice, so that must be a typo?

Cheers!

ALEX-TATS
I am not a HP employee
If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the “Accept as Solution” button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the “Thumbs up" button!
HP Recommended
Sorry, trying to compare the 281cdw vs 281fdw.
Thanks
HP Recommended

I really couldn't find any remarkable difference between these two models. They seem practically the same.

Theoritically the M281cdw model (T6B83A) should have more functions than the M281fdw (T6B82A) model. 

The only differences I found are:

1 page per minute quicker scanning (27 ppm instead of 26 ppm for the fdw model)

5,000 pages more for monthly duty cycle (45,000 instead of 40,000 for the fdw model)

I may miss something 

I hope this helps,

Cheers!

ALEX-TATS
I am not a HP employee
HP Recommended

Could you tell me if the HP M281cdw does double sided scanning?

HP Recommended

Yes, and 2-sided printing is excellent, too.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.