Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
deskjet 2135
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi Everyone,

Recently I got printing problems with my printer hp deskjet 2135, usb connecting, window 10 64 bit dell laptop.

I used that printer for 4 months now. Previously connected very well. Changed the ink cartridge once, worked well after that too.

About 2 weeks ago, I tried to print again and found out it didn't work anymore.   The document is sent for print and it showed deleting and disappear.

I used window 10 while started using this printer and now also window 10, there might be some regular updates from time to time.

I also did remove one window user account recently, but my user account is administrator account all the time and my account have permission to print, manage documents.Capture.PNGCapture3.PNGCapture4.PNGCapture6.PNG

I did troubleshooting and no problems found. I also tried steps from hp print and scan doctor and about 15 checklists from hp online, but there was no problem seem to be found.

Printer is found in the device section and make sure the default printer.

I did uninstalled all the drivers, deleted the hp folders, removed devices from device manager setting and reinstalled it from hp site for 2 times, didn't work. I did according to the steps told in the forum, tried to clean everything with no residuals. 

I cleared the spooler files and also checked the servies section for printer spooler, didn't help.

I did the system scan also but there was no error or problem.

I tired various documents formats and different files including docx and pdf file, nothing print. Even test page cannot print. Printer just sitting, no respond to print command.

I can although print from that printer using my other netbook. It installed the same window 10 with same driver file. I can also print from my andriod tablet. I can copy documents too. 

I tried all the steps reading hp forums, some other sites solving printer issues.

I also tried to find the HPBXSPENDER.DLL file to rename it to .OLD but I didn't have that name in DLL. (%windir%, system 32, Spool, Drivers, x64, 3, HPBXPSPENDER.DLL)

Previously I had installed other hp drivers, but during clean uninstalled I didn't found others in my program files or in device manager printer drivers.

I can now print with my andriod and other netbook, but I afraid I could not connect my dell laptop with other hp printers also. Thanks in advance.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@Ataylay,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

Thank you for posting your query on this forum, it's a great place to find answers.

I reviewed your post and I understand that you are facing issues printing from your computer.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

In order that I may provide you with an accurate solution, I will need a few more details.

• When was the last time the printer was working fine?
  • Have you made any software or hardware changes on the computer?

Meanwhile, I recommend you follow the below steps and check if it helps.

1. With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer and also unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
  2. Remove USB cable, if present.
  3. Wait for 2-3 minutes, press and hold the power button on your printer for about 30 seconds to remove any additional charge.
  4. Now plug back the power cable straight into a wall outlet without any surge protector or an extension cord (This is important) and then plug back the power cord to the printer.
  5. Turn on the printer and wait till warm-up period finishes and the printer is idle.

If the issue persists, I recommend you follow the below steps.

1.) In Windows, search for and open Programs and features

2.) Select your HP Printer

3.) Select Uninstall

4.) In Windows, search for and open Devices and printers

5.) In the Devices and Printers windows look for your HP printer. If you see it listed right-click on it and choose 'Delete' or 'Remove Device'

6.) Open up the run command with the "Windows key + R" key combo.

7.) Type printui.exe /s and click Ok. (Note: there is a space in between "printui.exe" and "/s")

8.) Click on the "Drivers" tab

9.) Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it Click on it and click Remove at the bottom

10.) Select Ok

11.) Select Apply and Ok on the Print Server Properties windows

12.) Close Devices and Printers 

13.) Restart the PC

14.) Download and install the printer software from the below link.

http://hp.care/2nikIQ9

15.) Connect the USB cable ONLY when prompted and follow the on-screen instructions.

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

If the solution provided helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles. Your feedback counts!

Take care.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

As I recall, the last time the printer was working is end of jan 2018. There is no hardware changes. As for the software changes, I don't remember anything changes did to hp software. As for the window, I deleted an unused window user account and updated my window 10 I think.

I had already tried all steps except printui.exe /s before. But I would try all these steps again one time.

Thank you very much for your advice. I will let you know if it works.

HP Recommended

@Ataylay,

Thank you for keeping me posted.

Please try the steps and let me know how it goes.

Please post your results, as I will be looking forward to hearing from you. 

Good day!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Dear The_Fossette,

Today I tried once again. Clean uninstalled Hp softwares inculding clearing all other Hp drivers of different models in printiu.exe /s.

Removed usb connect from laptop and printer, removed the power plug from wall and back of the printer.

Then I restarted the laptop again and reinstalled complete  web package of printer software from Hp website.

Reconnected the power plug and then usb plug when the installer ased me to do.

Then I tried to print again but no luck with that. The document appeared in print quene and then deleting itself after a while.

Also I did test print from printer properties box. No document was printed. The printer not even make a sound or noise when the print command from laptop was given.

I cannot figure out what is going wrong. I can see the printer in the laptop and can check it like what's the ink level. The usb port is also ok, tried with different ports also,  done troubleshooting at control panel and no problems was found.

Anyway thank you for your advice.

HP Recommended

@Ataylay,

Thank you for the information.

I would like to know whether you are able to make a copy?

If you are unable to make a copy, I recommend you contact HP phone support to check the available service options as it may be a hardware issue.

Here is how you can get in touch with the phone support.

Open link:  www.hp.com/contacthp/

Enter Product number or select to autodetects

Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"

Scroll down and click on HP contact options - click on Get phone number.

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

If the solution provided helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles. Your feedback counts!

Take care.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.