Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
Laserjet pro MFP M29W
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

printer has yellow blink light and error message 30....I have done everything the documentation says....the next step says contact HP.....HP I need help.  How do I contact you??

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@DRWDenver

Welcome to HP support community.

Reset the printer and plug the printer directly into an electrical outlet

1. With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the printer.
  2. Unplug the power cord from any power strips or surge suppressors.

3. Plug the power cord directly into an electrical outlet.

4. Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the product.

5. Press the Power button () to turn on the product.

6. Try the task again.

You ca refer this HP document for more assistance:- Click here

I hope that helps.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Sandy- thanks but resetting the printer did not help. Per the knowledge base the next step is......Service or replace your HP product if the issue persists after completing all the preceding steps. The problem is persisting....how to I get service or replacement of the printer.Thanks.

DRWDenver

HP Recommended

@DRWDenver I'm afraid that's what you'll need to do, as this seems like a hardware malfunction and I suggest you talk to HP support and discuss your options, follow the below steps to get started:

1) Click on this link - http://www.hp.com/contacthp/

2) Click on Sign-in or select the product using the below step:

3) Enter the serial of your device.

4) Select the country from the drop-down.

5) Click on "Show Options".

Fill the web-form, to populate a case number and phone number for yourself!

Also, if you are having trouble navigating through the above options, it's most likely because the device is out of warranty, if yes? please send me a private message with the region you are contacting us from, 

here's how private messages work: Click here for details.

If you wish to thank me for my efforts, you could click on "Accept as solution" on my post as the solution should help others too.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

30 errors are usually related to the document scanner assembly. Do you hear the scanner initialize when you first power the unit on? Turn the unit off, open the lid so you can see the scanner and watch for movement or the light to flicker when you turn on the printer. If there is no movement then likely the scanner has failed.

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.