Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP Color LaserJet Pro M252dw
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Good evening all, I've got 'HP Color LaserJet Pro M252dw' printer. I've sent a file to print from my Win10 PC and i get a message about low toner level (you can print less then 50pages or something similiar) and once i accepted this message printer reboots.

Issue is that it is not booting up at all, or booting but only for few seconds, i can hear printer is working and then it's stopping. Screen stays white, no other reaction. PC cannot se any connected devices.

Is there any way to restore printer to its factory defaults or force to upgrade firmware without connecting to PC or any other way to solve this issue?

Thank you in advance for all suggestions

Grzegorz

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Esiu1983

This seems to be a hardware issue.

I request you to talk to HP support.

They might have multiple options to help you with this.

1) Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/

2) Click on "Continue as guest".

3) Enter the serial of your device.

4) Select the country from the drop-down.

5) Click on "Show Options".

Fill the web-form. A case number and phone number will now populate for you.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@Esiu1983

Welcome to HP forums.

Perform NVRAM reset on your printer to go back to factory settings.

These steps particular for your printer model, so sending in private message.

I am sending you a private message. Please check the mailbox icon at the top-right corner of this screen.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Good afternoon. Really appreciate for you suggestion, but its not working as screen is completely white from the moment when the printer is starting boot process. I have tried this method anyway, but with no success
IMG_20190206_161550.jpg

HP Recommended

@Esiu1983

This seems to be a hardware issue.

I request you to talk to HP support.

They might have multiple options to help you with this.

1) Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/

2) Click on "Continue as guest".

3) Enter the serial of your device.

4) Select the country from the drop-down.

5) Click on "Show Options".

Fill the web-form. A case number and phone number will now populate for you.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you very much for your advice and apology for the late reply, but kids were off school and i wasn't at home.

I've checked it a week or 2 ago and manual provided by you is not working, when i click the link then it's taking me directly to country selection. I haven't got an option to 'continue as guest' but i have managed to get to the step where i've can buy HP technical phone support for £18.

I wasn't sure if it will solve my problem, it might to be necessary to sent product to the service, pay for service and finally I decided to buy different brand all-in-one ink printer for£40 as i needed a printer in a ruch. Compatible 4 ink cartridges multipack will cost me £10 so it's really cheap. Quality and speed worst than laser but if that printer will die then i will simply buy a new one for £40 and not £189 like for laser jet.

I didn't get a rid of the HP LJ printer and still thinking what i have to do with it. I will accept your advice as a solution anyway as you've tried to help me but can you please get me step by step manual to get to web form?

Thank you in advance

HP Recommended

@Esiu1983

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I filled in a form already.

Thank you for your help

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.