Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
hp ink tank 115
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi! Recently, my almost new printer stopped working on a notebook, that my sister is daily driving with the printer.

Nothing could work for it to print, so I uninstalled the printer´s drivers so I could install them again, but I am stuck in the part when it needs to detect it through usb, it just doesen´t detect it. I tried on my desktop PC, and it worked just fne, without any driver installation. On device manager, it appears as "other devices". I tried updating them automatically in device manager and in devices and printers, but no luck, it said that they couldn´t be installed correctly. I tried going into system32 on the PC that worked and tried copying the drivers to the other pc and install them manually through device manager, but I can´t find the correct folder. The printer is well plugged in and I made sure that the usb cable and the usb port on the laptop worked. Please help, it is a kind of emergency.

Thanks!

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Nero05, Welcome to HP Support Community!

I appreciate your efforts in trying to resolve the issue. Follow the steps from the document https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c02266743 to further isolate and resolve the issue.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.