Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended

I have the issue occurring on an HP Enterprise M605n.

Exact Issue: Device powers on, but the display remains blank. All of the indicator light icons remain lit.

Operating System: Windows 10 (Of laptop connected to the device via USB)

Troubleshooting Undertaken: I have plugged the printer into to multiple outlets throughout the building, but cannot get the printer to display any text or status. I have tried unplugging the device, holding the power button for 30 seconds, and plugging the device back in. This did not resolve the issue. I have attempted the standard power resets. I attempted to upgrade the firmware on the device by connecting to the printer with a hp laptop running Windows 10, but laptop would not recognize the printer even when I attempted to add the device manually as as local device.

Is it possible that the dimm is gone on the device?

Thank you for any assistance you are able to provide.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

It sounds like the formatter may need replacing. Let's test the basic engine first to see if it at least works. 

Engine Test:

To verify that the printer engine is functioning, print an engine test page. Use a small pointed object to depress the test-page switch located through a small hole located on the right-hand side of the printer. The test page should have a series of lines that are parallel to the short end of the page. The test page can use only Tray 2 as the paper source, so make sure that paper is loaded in Tray 2.

If the page prints, the basic engine and controller are good. If not, then you may have a power supply or DC controller problem.

HP Recommended

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide me with this troubleshooting advice. 

Following your recommendation, I was able to successfully print a test page when I depressed the test-page switch.

Are you able to provide any further troubleshooting guidance, or can you deduce what part may need to be replaced given this result?

Thank you again!

HP Recommended

It sounds like the formatter is bad or a communication cable problem. Try removing the formatter. Check it over for any loose chips on the circuit board. Push on them all to make sure they are all seated fully, if there are any. Put the formatter back in and try it again. If it still fails, most likely needs a new formatter E6B69-60001. 

HP Recommended

That is great advice. I will be sure to give the formatter a good once over. Thank you so much for all your support you have provided on this issue!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.