Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended

The printer is a Hp laserjet m252dw using a pcl driver. I have installed the printer on a new computer that has the same issue.

I have tried changing the advanced properties from start printing immediately to Start printing after the last page has spooled, but that still hasnt resolved the issue.

can anyone help with this issue?

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hi @Has_c,

I see that you are having issues  printing from Outlook. I can help you with this.

Clear Printer Spooler Files and Enable the Spooler Service:

• Press the Windows key and R at the same time, to show the run command line.
  • Type "Services.msc" (without the quotation marks).
  • Double-click "Printer Spooler" in the Services list.
  • Click Stop and click OK.
  • Navigate to "%WINDIR%\system32\spool\printers", right click on the document and left click to delete the job.
  • Run "Services.msc" (without the quotation marks).
  • Double-click "Printer Spooler" in the Services list.
  • Click on Start. In the Startup Type list, make sure that "Automatic" is selected and click OK.

If the issue persists, disable the bidirectional support:

• From Devices and Printers window.
  • Right-click the printer, and then click left click Printer Properties.
  • Click the Ports tab.
  • Make sure that the Enable bidirectional support checkbox is unchecked. If it is checked, click the checkbox, click Apply, and then click OK.

What operating system are you using? How to Find the Windows Edition and Version on Your Computer.

Can you print from other applications?

How is the printer connected? (USB/Ethernet/Wireless)

If you appreciate my efforts, please click the 'Thumbs up' button below. Thank You.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

Click the Thumbs Up below to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

Hi

I have just tried those steps but still no joy. Enable bidirectional support is greyed out.

In the Advanced tab for the spool print documents, i have tried changing the settings below, which didnt work.

printer advance settings.PNG

Any other suggestions?

HP Recommended

Hi @Has_c,

Please provide the following information:

What operating system are you using? How to Find the Windows Edition and Version on Your Computer.

Can you print from other applications?

How is the printer connected? (USB/Ethernet/Wireless)

If you haven't already try selecting Print directly to the printer in the Ports tab.

Download and run the Print and Scan Doctor, it will diagnose the issue and might automatically resolve it.

What were the results when you ran the Print and Scan Doctor? (did it print or scan, any error messages)

Thank You.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

Hi

the computer is windows 7 64bit.

yes we can print from all other applications like word and excel and notepad, only get the printer not ready in outlook.

The printer is using a wired connection.

I cant download the print and scan doctor as the link doesnt display the page.

HP Recommended

Hi @Has_c,

Are you using the Outlook from Microsoft Office/Outlook or the new web based Outlook?

If you are using the online Outlook, it may be the browser, try another browser.

I was able to open the link for the Print & Scan Doctor, please try another browser to see if you have the same results.

Try running the Microsoft Fixit Tool, to see if it will help.

Diagnose and fix printer and printing problems automatically.

What were the results when you ran the Print and Scan Doctor? (did it print or scan, any error messages)

I found this document with the error for Outlook, but you mentioned your driver was the PCL driver.

Did you download and install the Full Solution Software for the printer when you installed it or used the CD?

HP Universal Print Driver Series - "Printer Not Ready" when Printing from Microsoft Outlook.

Thank You.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

All...After weeks of fighting this issue I finally had success today!  I turns out that Outlook creates a temporary file in %TEMP% location when printing.  Skipping ahead, I was able to determine that Windows 10 was blocking Outlook form creating that temp file in %TEMP%.  I checked the permissions on the %TEMP% folder and noticed that domain\Users was set to Read only.  When I gave domain\Users write permission on the %TEMP% directory, it was able to print.  I hope this works for you. 

HP Recommended

It works like a charm, many thanks!

HP Recommended

It works like a charm, many thanks!

" I checked the permissions on the %TEMP% folder and noticed that domain\Users was set to Read only.  When I gave domain\Users write permission on the %TEMP% directory, it was able to print. "

HP Recommended

Can't believe this old post fixed my issue. For some reason, my company made C:\Temp the logging folder for Outlook. After giving my own domain user full access to the Outlook logging directory was I able to print over the network. Before that, I got the message 'Printer not ready'.

Thanks!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.