Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
CP1025nw
Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan

Printer's wifi stopped working.  Plugged USB in and worked temporarily.  From the HP site, downloaded and installed the firmware (LJCP1020_FW_Upgrade-2018-03-02.dmg) and  now the printer is not responding..  Job uploads and says "Printing - connectin to printer" then 30 sec later, says "Printing - printer not responding" Printer is on, tried the troubleshooting suggested of unplugging at the back, then the power, plugging back on, turing it back on; I re-started the computer also.  Nothing.  The green light is on yet nothing prints, not even the test page.  I have not re-set the printing system only because I'll loose the printer icon all together and since the printer is not responding, will not be able to add it afterwards.   I also then deleted the HP file, went back to Apple site to re-dowload the driver, tried the HP easy stert too and says no pronter found.  (Yes the USB cable is connected and printer is on) When you to to the + no printer shows up; hence why I am hesitant to reset the printer system.  the HP icon shows  "in use" .   Why is the printer not even showing up on the  default menu when I try to +?  Can't add it using the IP address as the wifi blue button won't come on. One day it sopped working.  Not even flashing.   Is there a way to uninstall the firmware?  Assuming that is the problem given it stopped working then.  Because the printer will not print a test page, I can't even check what firmware version the printer has.   Not to mention the MAC did not want to install the firmware, got message that it was not a recognized developer.  I by passed it because I got the dowload from the HP site, thus safe right?  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Balok

Thanks for keeping us posted

It looks like you were interacting with @senan6806, but he is out for the day. I'm KrazyToad & I'm at your service. 

I suggest we Reset the printer to Factory Defaults

Since these steps are specific to your printer, I have sent you a private message with the instructions

Please check your private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile.

Next to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope

Thank you and have a wonderful weekend 😊

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

@Balok

A warm welcome to HP forums! This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips to your technical queries.

Power resetting the printer, removing the existing driver and then adding a compatible driver may resolve the issue. Let's try these steps:

1.) Disconnect the printer USB cable from Mac.

2.) Make sure this printer is plugged into a direct wall, not a surge protector

3.) Remove all of your ink cartridges from the printer and close the door

4.) Remove the power cord from the back of the printer (Do no press the power button)

5) Plug the power cord back into the printer

6) Wait for the printer to turn on completely, then install the ink cartridges

7) Click the Apple menu, click System Preferences, and then click Print & Scan or Printers & Scanners.

8.) Check if your printer name displays in the Printers list, If your printer is listed, click the printer name, click the minus sign to delete the printer.

9.) If you see multiple printer queues for the same printer, remove all extra printers by selecting them one at a time, and then clicking the minus button  at the bottom of the list.

10.) Connect the printer USB cable.

11.) Click the plus sign , click Add Printer or Scanner, click the printer name.

12.) Click the Use or Print Using menu, select the name of your printer in the pop-up menu. Then click Add.

13.) Try to print and scan.

Let me know how it goes!

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!
Have a great day!

Senan6806

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Almost there, but not quite....

Thanks for the info below.  I tried it and it does recognize the printer and added it automatically.  I tried printing and says the printer is not connected in a grey box, yet I have the USB cable in... It also says below the print job, that the printer is "offline".

What should I try next?

HP Recommended

I am still unable to print a test page. The "X" button on the printer does not respond, neither does any button for that matter. The green light is on, even the colour buttons do not respond now....:(

HP Recommended

I reset the printing system in the MAC.  I do the "+" and no printer shows up.  I used the HP Easy start, says there are no devices found, yet the printer is connected via the USB cable...  I am at a loss.  

When I run the HP Utillity, it says it is unable to communicate with the selected device.  Says: "It may be have been turned off, or otherwise disconnected."  

I tried hooking up the printer to a PC laptop and a window pops up saying "UBS device not recognized.  The UBS device attached to this computer has malfunctioned and windows does not recognize it."  When I look further into it I get the message code 43 "no drivers files are required or have been loaded for this device".  The panel shows an "unknown" device plugged in and when you click on it.  It too says windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems (code 43).

Is there a way to uninstall that "LJCP1020_FW_Upgrade-20180302"?  I installed it thinking it would bring back the WI-FI connectivity, instead I lost recoginition of the printer all together.

Is there a way to reset the printer itself?

HP Recommended

@Balok

Thanks for keeping us posted

It looks like you were interacting with @senan6806, but he is out for the day. I'm KrazyToad & I'm at your service. 

I suggest we Reset the printer to Factory Defaults

Since these steps are specific to your printer, I have sent you a private message with the instructions

Please check your private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile.

Next to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope

Thank you and have a wonderful weekend 😊

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

Awesome.  Thanks Krazy Toad!

HP Recommended

@Balok

I'm glad we got this issue resolved

Do visit our HP Forums and drop us a message anytime you need help

Thank you 😊

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

Still doesn't print

HP Recommended

cannot print. printer not responding. plenty of ink. have checked cartridges in properly.

was working perfectly now just rebelling

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.