Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP LaserJet M127fw
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

The problem did not appear long ago. After a long period of inactivity of the printer (example: night), when sending to the printer, nothing happens, the jobs just get in the queue, and the printer is silent, only the printer reloads. Automatic shutdown is disabled, sleep after 60 minutes.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@aleksandr4

Welcome to HP Support Forums. 🙂 I came across your post and would like to help.

I understand that you have an HP LaserJet Pro MFP M127fw. I read that if the printer remains idle for a long time (overnight) then the printer does not print and the print jobs are stuck in the print queue. 

To provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details: 

• If you manually restart the printer, does it start printing again?
  • Did any other software changes or updates happen for the printer?

I recommend you to perform the following steps to isolate the issue and arrive at a fix: 

• Disconnect the power cable from the printer while the printer is still ON.
  • Disconnect any other cables if connected the printer.
  • Press and hold the printer’s power button for 15 seconds.
  • The printer should be directly connected to the wall outlet and not to a surge protector. Reconnect the power cable to print and the printer should power ON by itself. If the printer doesn’t power ON then please manually power it ON.

Please download and run the HP Print and Scan Doctor software. This is a free tool for Windows to help resolve issues with the printer drivers. 

If the issue persists then please perform the steps mentioned under "Step 1: Delete job files and restart" from this link

I sincerely hope this fixes the issue. Let me know how it goes. Good luck! 🙂

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

@aleksandr4

Welcome to HP Support Forums. 🙂 I came across your post and would like to help.

I understand that you have an HP LaserJet Pro MFP M127fw. I read that if the printer remains idle for a long time (overnight) then the printer does not print and the print jobs are stuck in the print queue. 

To provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details: 

• If you manually restart the printer, does it start printing again?
  • Did any other software changes or updates happen for the printer?

I recommend you to perform the following steps to isolate the issue and arrive at a fix: 

• Disconnect the power cable from the printer while the printer is still ON.
  • Disconnect any other cables if connected the printer.
  • Press and hold the printer’s power button for 15 seconds.
  • The printer should be directly connected to the wall outlet and not to a surge protector. Reconnect the power cable to print and the printer should power ON by itself. If the printer doesn’t power ON then please manually power it ON.

Please download and run the HP Print and Scan Doctor software. This is a free tool for Windows to help resolve issues with the printer drivers. 

If the issue persists then please perform the steps mentioned under "Step 1: Delete job files and restart" from this link

I sincerely hope this fixes the issue. Let me know how it goes. Good luck! 🙂

HP Recommended

Dobryy den'. Yesli vruchnuyu perezagruzit' ustroystvo, to pechat' vozobnovlyayetsya, no eto ne vykhod. Proboval obnovlyat' programmnoye obespecheniye ustroystva, ne pomogayet problemma ostayetsya.
Good afternoon. If you manually reboot the device, printing resumes, but this is not an option. Tried to update the device software, does not help the problem remains.
HP Recommended

Good afternoon. If you manually reboot the device, printing resumes, but this is not an option. Tried to update the device software, does not help the problem remains.

HP Recommended

@aleksandr4

Thank you for replying with the results.

I suggest you to update the printer's firmware via this link. Once the firmware update is done, please observe the performance. If the issue is fixed then you may stop here otherwise you may perform the following steps to uninstall the drivers from the root level and then reinstall them:

• In Windows, search for and open Programs and Features.
  • Select your HP printer.
  • Select Uninstall.
  • In Windows, search for and open Devices and Printers.
  • In the Devices and Printers window look for your HP Printer. If you see it listed, right-click on it and choose "Delete" or "Remove Device.”
  • Open up the run command with the "Windows Key + R" key combo.
  • Type printui.exe /s and click OK.
  • Click on Drivers tab.
  • Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it click on it and click Remove at the bottom.
  • Select OK.
  • Select Apply and OK on the Print Server Properties windows.
  • Close Devices and Printers.
  • You may download and install the drivers from this link

I hope this helps. Please feel free to reply with the results. Cheers! 🙂

HP Recommended

Many thanks for the advice, but I have done all these actions more than once. I tried to install the printer on a new computer, the same story. And this is not constant, but at times. For example, when I created the reference, the problem was observed, but at the moment everything is fine

HP Recommended

@aleksandr4

You're most welcome. 🙂

I appreciate you taking your valuable time to troubleshoot. 

I suggest you to reset the printer. If you reset the printer then all the settings to default. The network settings will also restore defaults and you will need to reconfigure it again.

I have sent you a private message ith the steps to reset the printer. 

Hope this works out. Cheers! 

HP Recommended

Hi @aleksandr4, I am the @Chimney_83. It looks like you were interacting with @MKazi, but he is out of the office today so I'll take over from here.

Thanks for the reply, I believe you have configured the printer over a network, is that right?

If so, recommend you assign a static IP address to the printer by following the procedure mentioned below and check. 

• Obtain the IP address of the printer (which can found by pressing the “wireless” icon on the printer control panel)
  • Enter the IP address on the web browser (Ex: chrome, IE) to enter the printer EWS page.
  • Go to the “Network” tab, click on “Wireless (802.11) then click on “Network address (IPV4)
  • Click on the radio button which says “Manual IP” and then click “Suggest a manual IP address” to give a manual IP address to your printer.

Let me know if this helped. 

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Good afternoon. The printer is configured over a local area network, wireless is turned off. It is worth DHCP. I'll try to set a static IP address and watch. Thank you

HP Recommended

@aleksandr4

You're most welcome. Sure, please let me know how it goes. Take care! 🙂

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.