Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP M281fdw
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, i was wondering if someone could help, i have a HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP M281fdw, when i print a test page it will crash the whole control panel, make the bottom task bar go blank and restart itself and not print anything.

it does this in all applications as well, it will close the application with no warning, crash file explorer and restart the file explorer with nothing coming out on the priner.

has anyone had this issue before?

please help! i have clients with the same issue that i need to get it sorted for them too.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

Installing any available Windows Updates should resolve the problem, Microsoft has released some updates to resolve these issues yesterday evening.

Spoiler
  • Applications interacting with the V4 printer driver might close or error when printing. Issues might only be encountered when printing but might also be encountered at any time the app is running, depending on when the app interacts with the print driver.

This issue was resolved in KB4517389.

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi,

Installing any available Windows Updates should resolve the problem, Microsoft has released some updates to resolve these issues yesterday evening.

Spoiler
  • Applications interacting with the V4 printer driver might close or error when printing. Issues might only be encountered when printing but might also be encountered at any time the app is running, depending on when the app interacts with the print driver.

This issue was resolved in KB4517389.

Shlomi

HP Recommended

Thankyou, i spotted more updates as i didnt check them again today as i checked them yesterday.

was about to post this as a solution but you beat me too it!

HP Recommended

you are welcome, great to see it has been finally resolved with the latest updates indeed.

Cheers,

Shlomi

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.