Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
CP5225N and CP5225DN.
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Trying to decide between purchasing the HP CP5225N and the CP5225DN.  The DN is quite a bit more expensive, but I can't tell why.  Anyone have any guidance or opinion?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

To be honest the M751, while more expensive is a much better choice as the operating system and will be less expensive per page so if you are planning on doing a bunch of printing you will save money over time. 

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

HP Recommended

Thank you for that suggestion.  I print less volume these days than I used to, but I keep and use printers a long time in my office.  The price point difference doesn't concern me.  We rarely need color.  Reliability and speed is important.  I am using a P4515n and it has been a reliable workhorse for many years, but has come to the end of its dependability.  Only complaint with the 4515 is how loud it is.  Is the  M751 loud when it prints (it sits near me)?  Any optional features I should be paying attention to?  Thanks again for your help.

HP Recommended

If you are looking for quiet I encourage you to have a look at a pagewide product as they generate less noise, heat and odor. Color LaserJet printers tend to be noisy due to the number of moving components. Do you need the 11x17?  If not the m553 or M653 are both good choices but are limited to legal maximum size.

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.