Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended

I had the same problem with a P4515n. I had the "Resend Upgrade" error and the "clearing paper path" error. Unfortunately, I didn't know about these issues prior to upgrading the firmware. I encountered something else in the process, though. My model number and serial number are now missing. Somehow, the failed firmware upgrade zeroed out my model and serial numbers. Now, my model number appears as "CXXXXA" instead of "CB514A" and my serial number now shows "XXXXXXXXXX" instead of its actual serial number. I've actually got printouts of the configuration pages before and after to show the difference. I don't know if it's would ever be a problem, but does anyone know of a way to restore the correct values in these fields? By the way, I still can't get my pronter to work right with my duplexer after the firmware upgrade. Thanks HP! SMH

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

If you enter the service menu you can manually set a serial number of the printer, just google P4015 service pin that is needed to access the service menu. The model number can't be changed, the printer should work with all those XXXXX both in a model number and in the serial number. 

My profile on LinkedIn

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

If you enter the service menu you can manually set a serial number of the printer, just google P4015 service pin that is needed to access the service menu. The model number can't be changed, the printer should work with all those XXXXX both in a model number and in the serial number. 

My profile on LinkedIn

HP Recommended

Thank you. That did the trick and I was able to fix the missing serial number problem. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.