Having trouble signing in? Try this!
Post new question
Question

Honor Student
Message 1 of 3 (193 Views)
Accepted Solution

Samsung CLP-310 printer does not print unless I open and close the front of the back cover

Product Name: Samsung CLP-310 Color Laser Printer series
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan

Hi,

Whenever I am printing multiple documents, my printer stops each 2-3 documents and I have to open and close the front or back cover each time for it to start printing again. When it stops, I see the unprinted documents accumulate in the printing queue and disappear once I restart the printing by opening and closing the front/back cover. I do not see any error message. However, in my Systems Preferences, the printer status indicates "In service" with a yellow dot when the printing is stopped and it indicates "Inactive" with a green dot once I restart the printing.

It is very annoying since my printer is far from my computer so I have to get up and go open-close the front/back cover every 2-3 pages. Is there something that can be done to correct that problem?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Accepted Solution

Re: Samsung CLP-310 printer does not print unless I open and close the front of the back cover

Sounds like two possible issues. 
1. Theres a sensor at fault, thinking that the printer has a paper jam - Check for paper jams
2. The toner waste container is full 

By opening and closing the doors you bypass theese errors for one page or print job.

View solution in context
Highlighted
Teacher
Message 2 of 3 (171 Views)

Re: Samsung CLP-310 printer does not print unless I open and close the front of the back cover

Sounds like two possible issues. 
1. Theres a sensor at fault, thinking that the printer has a paper jam - Check for paper jams
2. The toner waste container is full 

By opening and closing the doors you bypass theese errors for one page or print job.

I`m not a HP technician.
Just a electronics enthusiast .
If i helped, please hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Honor Student
Message 3 of 3 (146 Views)

Thank you!

I doubt that there is a paper jam, but I will try to replace my toner waste container.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation