Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
Color Laser MFP 179fnw
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Good morning,

The laser printer the owner of my company uses keeps changing the scan profile to pull from the flatbed, not the feeder tray. After googling I'm not finding much in the way of resolution, so I've just been going into his office whenever this happens, open Windows Fax and Scan, go to Tools, then Scan Profile, and changing the profile. But again, owner of the company, so a permanent solution wold be ideal.

Does anyone have any suggestions for where to start?

Thank you!

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi,

Try changing the defaults from the Control Panel and then check if you may see any difference:

1. Right-click the start button and select Run.
  2. Type Control printers and press on OK.
  3. Right-click the printer icon and select Scan Profiles.
  4. Click Edit and change the Source to Feeder for any of the shown profiles

Now follow and check for any difference.

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.