Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
Laserjet 200 colorMFP M276nw
macOS 10.15 Catalina

Hello,

I've recently decided to set up scan to network folder on mac OS Catalina for a Laserjet 276 printer. Stumbling upon previous posts on the forum, I've done the following:

1. Create a new shared folder on my network, with SMB enabled and a specific sharing user that has read & write access to the shared folder.
  2. Found my mac network IP under System Preferences > Sharing > File Sharing. I appended the folder name to this server address. It looks like
    • \\192.168.X.X\shared
    • User: share
  3. I've tried testing the connection on the EWS website, without success. The test is systematically unsuccessful.
  4. Using another Mac, I've successfully connected to the server and reached the folder with the same user created for the printer.

The FW of the printer is from 2019-04-01. I'm not sure what to do next, any help?

Best regards!

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

I don't have any help to offer, but wanted to echo what you've already stated. I have the folder on my mac setup for share and can easily access it from my windows or other mac computers. I've set up the scan to network onto my Windows computer and it worked flawlessly. I am not sure why the mac Scan to network is so problematic. This seems to have been an issue as far back as 2015 with some of the older printers as well. This is why all the "help" articles are vague on how people were successful, no one success was reproduced. I just bought my printer yesterday, and I've already logged 10 plus hours to working this problem. Nothing seems to work. 

On a side note, I found a potential work-around for anyone interested. It is not a solution and by no means absolves HPs responsibility to make a product work as advertised! However, I have OneDrive (any cloud service will work) setup on my windows and mac machines. I scan to folder (on my windows laptop) into the OneDrive folder. This will sync across your devices. There is typically not much lag. Not ideal, but it will suffice until I decide on what to do with this setup.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the work-around, but I don't have any windows computer laying around apart from a VM on the aforementioned Mac.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.