2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Service Menu IN HP LASERJET 4345MFP

HP LASERJET 4345MFP
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Our company had this unit under contract at one time, and I think that provider must have locked out and disabled some features.   Am I correct that there should be a big Scan button on the LCD?  We only have Copy, Email, and Fax.   We need to setup scan to folders on this machine.

Can someone assist me to unlock it? 

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
Grad Student
Grad Student
209 198 13 42
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

You need to remote into the embedded jet direct webserver menu and turn it on. 

Did you need help with getting into this or are you locked out of the embedded webserver menu?  In other words, what have you tried so far?

Depending on what kind of password was put in (IF one was set up) you may not be able to access it.  If the parting of ways with your former provider was not a nice one, they may have it locked.  I have seen techs lock the formatter for spite. 

0 Kudos
Tags (1)
SFLSUPPORT-TECH Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Thanks for responding.  I can get into the webserver, but have no idea how to enable the Scan feature.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Grad Student
Grad Student
209 198 13 42
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Hi,  It is fairly easy to do through the Embedded Webserver.  Here is a link that should get you through it.  The one thing it can't really help with is your network settings.  You will need to know your pathways and passwords.

The menu is the same for a most of that family of units from the (roughly) mid-2004 through 2009 manufacture dates.   I'm not the best with networking and I set up many of them.

If it is really confusing once you get into it, you may want to spring for an hour service call from a good tech company.  Just be ready with a notebook and pen.  

http://h20566.www2.hp.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?sp4ts.oid=83263&docLocale=en_US&docId=emr_na-c0272...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation