Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
Officejet 4360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

The Windows 10 upgrade took place 2 days ago on my HP Pavilion PC .  Since then my HP Officejet 4630 all in one printer cannot scan to my computer.  It says that the scan can not be stored in the designated location and that I need to install a WIA driver.  I can't find the driver on Windows or on HP.  Any suggestions?

12 REPLIES 12
HP Recommended

The full solution software includes everything you need to install and use your HP printer. This collection of software includes the complete set of drivers, installer and optional software for Windows 10.

File name: OJ4630_198.exe

Alternately, the HP Printer Install Wizard for Windows was created to help Windows 7, Windows 8/8.1, and Windows 10 users download and install the latest and most appropriate HP software solution for their HP Printer.

Simply run the tool and follow the on-screen instructions.

File name: HPPIW.exe

If the issue persists, the HP Print and Scan Doctor was designed by HP to provide users with the troubleshooting and problem solving features needed to resolve many common problems experienced with HP print and scan products connected to Windows-based computers.

The HP Print and Scan Doctor, HP's next generation diagnostic tool, completely replaces these three previous generation diagnostic tools:

• HP Print Diagnostic Utility
  • HP Scan Diagnostic Utility
  • HP Network Diagnostic Utility
  • HP Hardware Diagnostic Utility

All troubleshooting functionality previously available in the HP Print, Scan, Network, and Hardware Diagnostic Utilities has been integrated together into one easy-to-use utility, the HP Print and Scan Doctor. Simply run the tool and follow the on-screen instructions.

File name: HPPSdr.exe

I am an HP employee.

Regards,
Vidya

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer “Accept as Solution” if it solves your problem.

***Click on "Thumbs up" button to the bottom right side of my post to say thanks!***
HP Recommended

My A909N prints burt won't scan either after Windows 10 upgrade. Tried everything HP suggested including clearing all previous HP software off my pc and doing a new reccomended HP download of software and drive for my specific all in one. Printer works but no scanner. Tried scanner DR. ....nothing. tried reset on hardware.....nothing. Always the same error code.

Please don't tell me I have to get a new printer as this one works flawlessly.

HP Recommended

I have searched and searched and read and arrrgggh..  Since windows 10, i can't scan from my HP all in one.  And it says that windows says the device drivers are all up to date and that device is working.  I can't print, i can copy, but can no longer scan.  And not one of the instructions seems to match wht i have to work with.  there is no printer icon on my desktop.  

my next replacement will not involve hp.   no trouble for years until windows 10.   and your instructions can't be followed with what my computer shows

HP Recommended

Solved? Had the same problem. I could not use the HP Scan software on the Win 10 computer, and I could not scan to computer from the printer itself. The weird thing was that I couldn't scan to any of the 3 computers it connects to, even though two are Win 7.

When checking my web access through the printer's front panel, there was an error. It was as follows:

This printer is configured with an automatically assigned IP address (called an "Auto IP" address). On most networks, having this type of IP address can prevent the printer from communicating over the network or accessing the Internet.

The diagnostic report showed that it had an outside IP address assigned (169.254.34.28) and not one of my internal home network address (192.168.0.xxx). The configuration source was listed as "AutoIP". 

So it looks like one of the Win 10 upgrades changed the printer settings, putting it on some outside network. I rebooted my router, then turned the printer off and on again. This let it switch back to DHCP and it got a new IP address on my network. Now things are back to normal.

HP Recommended

How can i install WIA to my computer. Printer wont scan for me since I installed windows 10

HP Recommended

ref: The Expert.  

@Vidya wrote:

The full solution software includes everything you need to install and use your HP printer. This collection of software includes the complete set of drivers, installer and optional software for Windows 10.

File name: OJ4630_198.exe

Alternately, the HP Printer Install Wizard for Windows was created to help Windows 7, Windows 8/8.1, and Windows 10 users download and install the latest and most appropriate HP software solution for their HP Printer.

Simply run the tool and follow the on-screen instructions.

File name: HPPIW.exe

If the issue persists, the HP Print and Scan Doctor was designed by HP to provide users with the troubleshooting and problem solving features needed to resolve many common problems experienced with HP print and scan products connected to Windows-based computers.

The HP Print and Scan Doctor, HP's next generation diagnostic tool, completely replaces these three previous generation diagnostic tools:

• HP Print Diagnostic Utility
  • HP Scan Diagnostic Utility
  • HP Network Diagnostic Utility
  • HP Hardware Diagnostic Utility

All troubleshooting functionality previously available in the HP Print, Scan, Network, and Hardware Diagnostic Utilities has been integrated together into one easy-to-use utility, the HP Print and Scan Doctor. Simply run the tool and follow the on-screen instructions.

File name: HPPSdr.exe

Neither of the two addresses are vaild when activated

HP Recommended

@mmcgon wrote:

Solved? Had the same problem. I could not use the HP Scan software on the Win 10 computer, and I could not scan to computer from the printer itself. The weird thing was that I couldn't scan to any of the 3 computers it connects to, even though two are Win 7.

When checking my web access through the printer's front panel, there was an error. It was as follows:

This printer is configured with an automatically assigned IP address (called an "Auto IP" address). On most networks, having this type of IP address can prevent the printer from communicating over the network or accessing the Internet.

The diagnostic report showed that it had an outside IP address assigned (169.254.34.28) and not one of my internal home network address (192.168.0.xxx). The configuration source was listed as "AutoIP". 

So it looks like one of the Win 10 upgrades changed the printer settings, putting it on some outside network. I rebooted my router, then turned the printer off and on again. This let it switch back to DHCP and it got a new IP address on my network. Now things are back to normal.

Solved too?  (Note, it was printing fine already)

Beforehand,

I downloaded the setup wizard, and also tried the basic drivers. Lots of computer/printer resetting, neither worked, and still said I needed a WIA driver (never tried the full solution)

When I run services.msc, I have no WIA (Windows Image Acquisition)

After reading this, even though my wireless was previously set up,

all I did was connect/setup my wireless for a second time
(through the printer Wireless button>Settings>WirelessSetupWizard),
hit home, and the printer screen said "updating" and scanning now works... magically...

HP Recommended

I can't scan since installing Windows 10

HP Recommended

I am trying to use my old HP 6200 all in one printer again after not using it in a while. Windows has been upgraded to 10 in the meantime.  Took out the printer and plugged it in cause i want  to use the scanner but it says that I need to install the software again and I do not have the disk any more.  Can anyone help please?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.