Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
LaserJet 5200

Hi all, we've got an HP LaserJet 5200 that is intermittenly making a sqeaking noise when printing. This is only a noise issue, all pages printed by the printer come out fine. The squeaking doesn't happen all the time, it seems to be happening on print jobs that are about 20+ pages. When the sqeaking happens, the sound comes from the rollers that are at the top of the printer - the best way to describe them is they are the only rollers that are visible when the printer is fully assembled. When the noise happens and I put my finger on one of the rollers, the squeaking goes away.

I tried putting a few drops of lubricating oil on the parts that make contact with the shaft, but this didn't seem to help with the squeaking.

- Is the part on the printer that the noise is coming from called the paper-delivery roller?

- How difficult is it to replace? Are there instructions on the Internet or a video that can be watched showing the replacement procedure?

- Does the part come fully assembled or would it need to be put together?

Thanks for the help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Do not use "Oil", use a silicone or synthetic lubricant due to all the plastic parts.

I would call the top rollers the Delivery Roller, thery are often part of a "Delivery Assembly".

I recommend you search online for a service manual to determine if replacing the part is something you can do. (you will not find LaserJet service manuals on HP.com).

If my post resolves your issue please click the accepted as solution button under it.

To thank a Tech for a post click the thumbs up button under the post.

You can even click both buttons. . .

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Do not use "Oil", use a silicone or synthetic lubricant due to all the plastic parts.

I would call the top rollers the Delivery Roller, thery are often part of a "Delivery Assembly".

I recommend you search online for a service manual to determine if replacing the part is something you can do. (you will not find LaserJet service manuals on HP.com).

If my post resolves your issue please click the accepted as solution button under it.

To thank a Tech for a post click the thumbs up button under the post.

You can even click both buttons. . .
HP Recommended

Thanks SHThompson. Sorry I shouldn't have said oil, as it wasn't oil that was used - it was lubricant. I called a parts store as well as chatted with the HP parts store and both said that it is the face down delivery assembly, original part number RM1-2490-000CN / replacement part number RM1-2490-090CN. Thank you for confirming that is the part.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.