05-21-2019 12:37 PM
I cannot locate a driver for this OS for this product, any sugeestions on what might work. I love this printer
05-22-2019 07:51 AM - edited 05-22-2019 07:52 AM
Welcome to the HP Support Community!
The drivers for HP LaserJet Pro P1606dn Printer is available via Apple Software Update. Let us try these steps:
Step 1: Update the printer firmware
Click here to know different methods of updating printer firmware.
Step 2: Install the printer on MAC
- Use the steps available here to update the software on Mac.
- Click the Apple menu, click System Preferences, and then click Print & Scan or Printers & Scanners.
- Check if your printer name displays in the Printers list, If your printer is listed, click the printer name, click the minus sign to delete the printer.
- If you see multiple printer queues for the same printer, remove all extra printers by selecting them one at a time, and then clicking the minus button at the bottom of the list.
- Click the plus sign , click Add Printer or Scanner, click the printer name.
- Click the Use or Print Using menu, select the name of your printer in the pop-up menu. Then click Add.
- Try to print.
Let me know how this goes.
If you feel my post solved your issue, please click “Accept as Solution”, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
I am an HP Employee