2 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

USB 2.0 not compatible with USB 3.0 cant print

HP LaserJet 4250
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello everyone,

I'm having a problem where I cannot print anything.

Under devices and printers, it says that the printer driver is unavailable.

When I plug it into the computer via USB and troubleshoot it, it says that the printer is not compatible with 3.0 USB ports. The problem is, the laptop is an older laptop and it seems that it has no 3.0 ports. I tried plugging it in different ports and still nothing. I got a new laptop to test it out and it works. It detected the printer right away and automatically installed the drivers  unlike the other laptop. The other laptop I manually installed the drivers and still nothing.

The printer is a HP LaserJet 4250.

1 REPLY 1
Level 11
Level 11
3,558 3,544 353 740
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

USB 2.0 not compatible with USB 3.0 cant print

You have an issue with either your Windows or your laptop. As the printer works with another laptop you can safely eliminate it as the problem. I suggest that you will likely get better assistance posting to a board dedicated to your laptop. If it is an HP laptop there are support options here for that.

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation