Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
LaserJet Pro M12w
macOS 10.12 Sierra

Hi, 

I have moved houses and when I'm trying to connect the printer to the new wireless network it requests a name and password which I don't know.

I have tried user guide http://hp.care/2t02BMZ to “Configure IP network settings”. refer to pages 36 to 40 but it doen't work either.

What should I do? (I don't have the same internet provider or router anymore) 

Thanks in advance

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Well only you know the new network name, SSID and password to your network.

Replacing/changing your wireless router, try here.  

http://www8.hp.com/us/en/campaigns/wireless-printing-center/reconfiguring-system-help3.html

* Reset your printer back to Network Defaults.  Then run the Wireless Setup Wizard to connect.  Both can be accessed from the front panel or computer.  If no front panel for configuration, you must use your Printer USB cable to connect.  You can also try the WPS method if your router/printer supports this only if the Wizard or Printer USB cable is not available.
* Set router to a fixed wireless channel like 1, 6 or 11, never ‘auto’.  Try channel 1 first then the others one at a time.  
* Make sure printer and router are at least 5 feet apart.  
* The router must have the 2.4G SSID band enabled with a different name than your 5.0G SSID band in your router.  
* Make sure IPv6 is disabled in the printer.

Make and model of modem and router?

However if you have a Gateway (modem+router) device, all Gateway devices are terrible for wireless connectivity.   If this does not work, suggest you think about putting that gateway device in full bridge mode and install your own high quality router that YOU have full control over.

HP Recommended
Thanks for your reply. I know the network name and password of the connection I set up the printer first time but I have not access to it.

I tried both old and new connection credentials but didn't work.

The link and the text you sent me haven't helped either, too technical for me, I only want to use a printer:)

Cheers.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.