Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
LaserJet Pro 200 color M251 nw
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Using my prior desktop computer which ran Windows 7, I had no difficulty doing manual duplex printing on my HP LaserJet Pro 200 color M251 nw.  However, after recently purchasing a new desktop computer running Windows 10, I no longer have the option to duplex print.  The User Guide instructions at http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c02886939 are useless since I cannot complete Step 3, Click the Finishing Tab.  After completing the first two steps by clicking File-Print and then clicking Properties and/or Preferences, I am not provided with an option to "print on both sides (manually)" as shown in the User Guide.  How do I get manual duplex printing capability again under Windows 10?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended
Generally when you have a driver issue it's best to find the current driver on HP's website, disconnect the printer from your PC, delete the existing driver, and then install the current driver.

Windows often installs drivers that do not support as many features as the downloadable driver.

If my post resolves your issue please click the accepted as solution button under it.

To thank a Tech for a post click the thumbs up button under the post.

You can even click both buttons. . .

If my post resolves your issue please click the accepted as solution button under it.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended
Generally when you have a driver issue it's best to find the current driver on HP's website, disconnect the printer from your PC, delete the existing driver, and then install the current driver.

Windows often installs drivers that do not support as many features as the downloadable driver.

HP Recommended

The proposed solution solved my problem.  Downloading new printer drivers from HP restored the option for manual duplex printing that I had lost when I recently upgraded my desktop computer.

HP Recommended

After a Windows 10 installation on my computer: I tried uninstalling the Laserjet printer driver, then reinstalling the driver for my HP Laserjet P2015dn printer, as you suggested, and then with help from hp chat I got the printer back online and printing again--whew. 

However, the manual duplex function still does not work. I can print side 1 of a document, but cannot print side 2. I can also print odd and even pages. I was wondering if there might be some kind of work around for this apart from re-ordering all of the pages.

I'd really appreciate any help you might be able to give, because I'd like to be able to print out booklets using this older Laser printer.

Thanks!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.