Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP Color LaserJet Flow E67560
macOS 10.14 Mojave

Printer:

-HP Color LaserJet Flow E67560

-SN: [edit]

-MN: L3U70A

Hello,

When I install this printer on a Mac, and I try to use the stapler function, I am unable to as it is grayed out. 

Screen Shot 2019-10-21 at 4.19.07 PM.png

I have downloaded the correct drivers via HP Easy Admin.  I can use the stapler function on the same Mac for the HP LaserJet Flow MFP E62575 BW printer I also have installed.  This happens regardless of the program I am printing out of.  I have tried re-installing the printer many times.

When printing a PDF from Chrome, the staple selection is not greyed out, however, when I try to select the staple, I receive this error message: 

Changing the setting of Staple to One Staple Right Angled would cause a conflict that cannot be resolved. No change will be made.

Which doesn't make any sense without actually identifying the conflict.

Your friendly, neighborhood, IT guy,

Russell Dobbins
Capital University
Information Technology

~Figure out how it can be done, not how it can’t.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Check paper size settings in both the driver and on the printer itself. Use of the any/any paper settings on the printer will disable the stapler as the machine has no way of knowing if the media you are using is within specs. Same with the settings on the PC as well. Are you able to staple when making a copy?

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

HP Recommended

@Repairatrooper wrote:

Check paper size settings in both the driver and on the printer itself. Use of the any/any paper settings on the printer will disable the stapler as the machine has no way of knowing if the media you are using is within specs. Same with the settings on the PC as well. Are you able to staple when making a copy?

The paper settings on the printer are letter. 

The paper settings on the Mac are also letter.

I can staple when copying.

HP Recommended

1. Make sure there is more than 1 piece of paper being used.  So, if you are duplexing you need at least 3 pages.

2. Make sure the correct output accessory is installed.  You can verify this by opening Printers & Scanners, Select the print queue and then Select Options& Supplies and then the Options Tab.

I don't have immediate access to that exact model but the concept is the same as the picture below.

Screen Shot 2019-10-22 at 2.52.19 PM.png

While I may work for HP Inc, the views and opinions expressed here are my own.
HP Recommended

Thanks, but in this case, the options were installed correctly during the printer installation.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.