Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP Laserjet 600 m602 w/ installed USB HG283TS MICR Font
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

New to community and could use some help. I'm not a printer guy, so you know. We have an HP LaserJet 600 m602 that is used to print checks. We currently use a small .exe to manually load the MICR font to the laser printer. The reason why is that when the printer is shut off or loses power, it loses the MICR font. We decided to purchase the HP MICR Font HG283TS on a USB drive and install it on the LaserJet to resolve this issue.

My question is, once the USB is installed how do we use the font? How do I point the LaserJet printer to the font to use it? the printer sees the drive, it shows the HG283TS on the config page under Installed Personalities and Options, Other USB Accessories. Beyond that I'm lost

Thanks, Scott

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Tried that and was handed off four times. Ended up with the number to HP Font Solutions Support and left a message. Haven't heard back yet. Thanks for the fast response. Scott

HP Recommended

Ok so I called, since the print is no longer under warranty  I will get charged for the question. See What happens.

HP Recommended

@PNBGuy

Please be advised:

Do not accept the number of any service claimed to be provided by HP. If you are being contacted by an HP employee, you will know by the orange indicator next to the name stating their role on this platform. 

Any other user providing service numbers are likely spammer. 

Please make sure to read carefully all of the steps necessary to keep your private information safe on this public platform. 

Regards,

Arthur-c

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.