18 12 0 0
Message 1 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

White patches on side of page

M281cdw
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hello HP Community, 

Recently the test page is not printing the full color. On the one side of the test print, its lighter in color. Example image attached. What may be causing this and how can I fix this issue?

example1.jpg

Thank you

6 REPLIES 6
Level 10
Level 10
3,227 3,214 307 635
Message 2 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

That the White patches vary depending on cartridge suggest an issue with the high voltage board. Have you recently changed a cartridge? If so, that cartridge might be defective and causing a voltage drop.

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
0 Kudos
king2525
Level 2
18 12 0 0
Message 3 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you for your reply. I haven't recently changed the cartridges. I have been using them for about one year. 

0 Kudos
Level 10
Level 10
3,227 3,214 307 635
Message 4 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You appear to have some black lines as well, could be a bad black cartridge

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
0 Kudos
king2525
Level 2
18 12 0 0
Message 5 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you. If it is a voltage issue, does that mean its only a cartridge issue or something else with the printer?

0 Kudos
king2525
Level 2
18 12 0 0
Message 6 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello, 

Following up, if it is a voltage issue, does that mean its only a cartridge issue or something else with the printer?

Thank you

0 Kudos
Level 10
Level 10
3,227 3,214 307 635
Message 7 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Without swapping cartridges it is impossible to say. It could be the high voltage power supply or it might be just a cartridge. 

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation