Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
LaserJet Pro MFP M426fdw
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Installed new internet today with a dual band router.  Printer only recognizes the lower band which due to distance from the router means it is slow to receive print jobs or to scan documents to email.  I had to add an external antenna to my computer for the same reason.  I've updated the printer drivers, etc. but I'm wondering if you can add an external wifi to the printer or ???

For my primary computer I can connect via a printer cord but not an ethernet cord for the emailing, etc.  Just trying to decide if there is a better route to more productivity or if it just means my printer will sometimes be slow.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Zagfan wrote:

....  Printer only recognizes the lower band which due to distance from the router means it is slow to receive print jobs or to scan documents to email. ...

@Zagfan 

No. not to due to the distance. Printer ONLY has wireless b/g/n adapter

http://totalprintmanagement.com.au/assets/HP%20LaserJet%20Pro%20MFP%20M426%20series%20Brochure.pdf

There for it can ONLY "see" 2.4GHz networks. You can't add more antenna but you can allow your router to broadcast dual bands OR connect your printer to router using its 10/100/1000 adapter.

mixed.png

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Zagfan wrote:

....  Printer only recognizes the lower band which due to distance from the router means it is slow to receive print jobs or to scan documents to email. ...

@Zagfan 

No. not to due to the distance. Printer ONLY has wireless b/g/n adapter

http://totalprintmanagement.com.au/assets/HP%20LaserJet%20Pro%20MFP%20M426%20series%20Brochure.pdf

There for it can ONLY "see" 2.4GHz networks. You can't add more antenna but you can allow your router to broadcast dual bands OR connect your printer to router using its 10/100/1000 adapter.

mixed.png

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.