Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
macOS 10.12 Sierra

hello,

i am trying to connect my hp laserjet pro MFP M26nw to my wifi. I recently changed my router. I do not know how to connect the printer to my new connection. I tried hitting the WPS button but that didn't work. I would appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@111user

Thank you for joining HP Forums. 

I'll be glad to help you 🙂 

As I understand you cannot connect to the WiFi,

No worries, as I'll be glad to help you, that said, I'll need a few more details to dissect your concern & provide an accurate solution: 

Did you attempt to set up the wireless connection again?

While you respond to that, here's what you need to do:

Step 1: Prepare for the installation

Before setting up the printer on your wireless network, gather the required items, and then check the printer and computer connections.

NOTE:

If you need to find your network password, go to Find Your Wireless WEP, WPA, WPA2 Password (Mac).

1. Gather the following items:

• Network name: The network name is the SSID.

• Network password (WEP key or WPA security passphrase)

• A computer connected to your wireless network

• Internet access: HP recommends broadband Internet access such as cable or DSL.

• Your wireless-capable printer: Place your printer close to the computer during the installation.

• USB cable: The installer prompts you when to connect the USB cable.

2. Make sure the printer, router, and computer are all turned on, and that the computer is connected to the same wireless network to which you are connecting the printer.

3. Disconnect any USB or Ethernet cables from the printer.

Step 2: Restore printer wireless settings to factory defaults

To clear any existing wireless settings, restore the printer to the factory default settings.

1. On the printer control panel, press the right arrow button to scroll to the Service menu, and then press OK.

2. Press the right arrow button to scroll to Restore Defaults, and then press OK.

3. Press OK again to confirm the selection.

4. When the Wireless menu displays, make sure the blue light next to the Wireless  icon is blinking, and then press the back button to return to the control panel main screen.

Step 3: Connect the printer to the wireless network

Use Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS) to connect the printer so the HP installer can find the printer during the installation. Consult your wireless router manual to confirm if it supports the WPS push button connection type.

• If your router does not support WPS, skip to the next step to Download and install the print driver.

• If your router supports WPS, continue with these steps.

1. On the printer control panel, press and hold the Wireless button  for two or more seconds, and then release the button when the wireless light starts blinking. Within two minutes, press the WPS button on your wireless router.

2. Wait up to two minutes while the printer automatically establishes a network connection with the wireless network.

After the printer connects to the network, the wireless light is on and steady.

Step 4: Download and install the print driver

To set up the printer on a wireless network, install the print driver, and then temporarily connect the USB cable from the printer to the computer. This allows the printer to gather the necessary wireless information from the computer.

CLICK HERE FOR MORE STEPS AND INSTRUCTIONS.

(By the end of this article all the issues should be resolved)

Keep me posted,

If the information I've provided was helpful, 

give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, 

that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello ,
I have the same problem with the printer, I reset the factory settings as explained, but when the Wireless menu is displayed, the blue light next to the Wireless icon does not blink. I'm trying to download the cd, but when I connect it with a USB cable, I do not see the printer.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.